We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

42000 Avios BA Silver status and Priority pass for 2 for£300

Southampton
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
42000 Avios BA Silver status and Priority pass for 2 for£300

Taking out a Platinum Amex card will let you reap all these rewards:

42000 Membership reward points which covert to BA Avios at 1:1

Cathay Pacific Gold for one year (One World Sapphire)

Priority Pass for you and your second card holder

Worldwide travel insurance

Hotel partner schemes including Hilton and Club Carlson

To get the 42000 bonus points you need to spend £1500 on the card in the first three months. and they post soon after.

The Cathay Pacific gold card has many benefits including.

You can use the BA lounges as long as your flying a one world airline. No matter what class your flying.

You get free seat selection on your flights.

To qualify for this deal you need to be referred by someone who has the card already.

If you would like a referral or some more information regarding this then let me know

Im sure this has been posted on here before, but its paid for itself and would like to let other people know about it.

This card would suit someone who will be doing a few flights this year and would like the travel insurance and lounge access and status.

Regards

Adj

UK
Level Contributor
968 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 42000 Avios BA Silver status and Priority pass for 2 for£300

I have one of these and yes it is very good, but you do have to have an household income of £40,000 or more, it is also not a credit card, you have to pay the full balance off every month.

Southampton
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 42000 Avios BA Silver status and Priority pass for 2 for£300

Yes you're right. the real benefit is the Cathay Pacific Gold card. It has saved me £240 in pre booked seats on BA! and the lounge access when flying one world airlines. Brilliant!

Adj

Southampton
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 42000 Avios BA Silver status and Priority pass for 2 for£300

I have just heard the fee is increasing very soon to £450. If you are interested I wouldn't hang around!

Adj

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,190 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 42000 Avios BA Silver status and Priority pass for 2 for£300

The UK Amex Platinum is one of the best deals out there IMO, and that was before they started giving the CX Gold away for free.

You forgot to include the Fine Hotels & Resorts benefits which some years has saved me more than the annual fee alone several times over.

Somerset, UK
Level Contributor
489 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 42000 Avios BA Silver status and Priority pass for 2 for£300

An Amex Platinum benefit not mentioned but which I find very useful is the CDW waiver insurance for car hire. You can just take the basic car hire package and just say no those high pressure sales pitches from car hire staff - providing you use your Amex card of course.

Indiana
Level Contributor
26 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 42000 Avios BA Silver status and Priority pass for 2 for£300

Considering you don't actually get BAEC Silver with an Amex Plat, I think the thread title is misleading.

7. Re: 42000 Avios BA Silver status and Priority pass for 2 for£300

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 04:41