We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chicago to London in June

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Topic
Chicago to London in June

Looking for any insights and/or predictions on airplane ticket costs and availability for an upcoming summer trip. I am flying from Chicago to London nonstop departing around June 18 and returning around July 25. Dates are flexible give or take a week.

As I begin to start tracking flights, I am wondering how far in advance I should buy the tickets and - based on previous years' prices - how low will the prices go i.e. what ticket price is considered good for that time of year. I realize with the Olympics, this will probably be a very busy year. Right now, tickets look like @ 1200 each - how does that sound?

Would love to hear any insights or thoughts from the experienced travelers on this forum. Much thanks in advance.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chicago to London in June

A lot of discussion already in this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k53226…

I think the lower fare buckets are probably long gone by now. I don't think the price you are finding is bad. I can't imagine prices will do anything but go up with the Olympics and general vacation travel.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chicago to London in June

yes. i originally posted in the london forum but it was suggested to post here. thanks.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chicago to London in June

I don't think the price you're finding is bad.

4. Re: Chicago to London in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 05:40