We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aer Lingus from London Southend to Dublin - and the USA!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,664 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Aer Lingus from London Southend to Dublin - and the USA!

Aer Lingus Regional flights from London Southend to Dublin (actually operated by Aer Arann) will start from 10th May 2012.

Passengers will also be able to connect in Dublin with Aer Lingus flights to and from Boston, New York, Chicago and Orlando - and will be able to make use of the unique facility whereby passengers clesr US Immigration and Customs in Dublin - effectively arriving in the USA as 'domestic' passengers.

southendairport.com/news/…

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aer Lingus from London Southend to Dublin - and the USA!

On this topic...I am connecting with Aer Lingus through Dublin to JFK (from Manchester), I presume it is the same case (re US Immigration) as mentioned above??

Edited: 18 April 2012, 08:58
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,441 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aer Lingus from London Southend to Dublin - and the USA!

cdickson it depends which flght you are on EI105 departing at 10.45 has pre-clearance while EI109 departing at 17.10, does not.

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aer Lingus from London Southend to Dublin - and the USA!

Aer Arran have tiny aircraft with propellers and blow about a fair bit in the wind, so over the Irish see would be fun before a long trip to the states!

I flew Glasgow to Dublin with them, it was an......well an experience I won't forget.

:-)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aer Lingus from London Southend to Dublin - and the USA!

It is indeed the 10.45 flight

5. Re: Aer Lingus from London Southend to Dublin - and the USA!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 10:18