We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copenhagen - clearing immigration

Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Copenhagen - clearing immigration

We are flying PER-CPH via Doha on Qatar Airways and then onto Warsaw with LOT Airlines. The 2 flights will be on separate tickets.

A few questions.

1/ I assume we will need to clear immigration in Copenhagen and collect our luggage.

2/ We have a 6 hours stopover at the airport before the next flight to Warsaw. Can we check in straight away so we don't have to drag our suitcases around?

3/ As we are flying into another Schengen country, is the flight "domestic" ie. no passport control?

Many thanks

Kate

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Copenhagen - clearing immigration

1. Yes

2. I doubt you can check in more than 3 hours prior to departure. Left luggage is available in the arcade between terminal 3 and terminal 2.

3. No passport control for flights departing to another Schengen country.

uk
Level Contributor
3,497 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Copenhagen - clearing immigration

Just to add that LOT don't operate their own check in desks at CPH, they use the SAS desks which are right outside of where you exit the arrivals areas.

As the desks are open you could try to drop your bags off once you clear arrivals - they can only say no.

As Hans mentions, left luggage is available as an alternative.

Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Copenhagen - clearing immigration

Thank you for the replies.

One more question....on the way back we only have a 2 hour transfer. In that time we will need to collect our luggage from the LOT flight, check into our Qatar flight and go through passport control. It seems very tight. Any advice?

Thanks

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,582 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Copenhagen - clearing immigration

Check the baggage drop of and checkin times of Qatar. An hour? maybe. 90 minutes? doubtful.

2 hours is *far* shorter than I would select.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
27,652 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Copenhagen - clearing immigration

>> Any advice? <<

Try to rebook to an earlier return flight WAW-CPH. Two hours is way too tight for comfort, and that assumes an on time arrival.

Remember that if you miss your Qatar flight you may classed as a no show and have to buy a new ticket back to PER.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Copenhagen - clearing immigration

It's a bit tight, but doable if your flight from WAW arrives on time.

All international arrivals (baggage claim) are at Terminal 3. Qatar Airways have check in at Terminal 2 (5-7 mins walk) and check in closes 1 hour prior to departure.

Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Copenhagen - clearing immigration

Thanks for confirming what I was thinking. I haven't booked the tickets yet, so no drama.

I probably would be willing to risk if I was travelling on 1 ticket, but even a 20 minute delay on departure from WAW and I will miss the next flight ( I don't suppose travel insurance will cover it?).

Will fly in a day or two earlier and have a mini stopover in Copenhagen.

Thanks

Kate

uk
Level Contributor
3,497 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Copenhagen - clearing immigration

Good decision KatieGirl.

Copenhagen baggage reclaim is one of the slowest I regullarly encounter, typically even after clearing passport control there is at least a 20 minute wait for bags to be delivered.

2 hours is far too tight IMO.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Copenhagen - clearing immigration

Would that depend on the handling agent?

I find that Novia has a good service. From the middle of C-pier, clearing immigration and picking up my luggage I am usually out of customs area in less than 30 mins.

uk
Level Contributor
3,497 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Copenhagen - clearing immigration

Possibly - 90% of my flights into CPH are with SAS and they are slow to deliver bags :(

If I only have carry on I am usually out of the airport in less than 20 minutes, it is double that if I have to wait for baggage.