We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet ID requirements

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Easyjet ID requirements

I am in a bit of a panic as I have lost my passport and do not have the cash or time to replace it. I am flying with easyjet, Glasgow to Luton in two weeks time and the only other form of ID I have is a UK provisional driving licence. I have already checked in online and I have been advised that I will need to show ID at the gate before boarding, will my provisional license be sufficiant? I have looked on their website and cannot find a clear answer and have also tried calling easyjet, I waited 45mins then hung up as I could not afford to stay on the line any longer ay 30p/min. Can anyone help with this?

258 replies to this topic
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
1. Re: Easyjet ID requirements

The following are acceptable forms of ID. So as long as your provisional licence has a photo and is valid you should be OK.

UK domestic flights:

A valid passport - an expired passport can be used up to a maximum of two years after expiry

Valid photographic EU or Swiss national identity card

Valid photographic driving licence

Valid armed forces identity card

Valid police warrant card/badge

Valid airport employees security identity pass

A child on parent' s passport is an acceptable form of ID

CitizenCard

Valid photographic firearm certificate

Valid Government-issued identity card

SMART card

Electoral identity card

Pension Book

Passengers must present one of the above forms of valid photographic identification on all UK domestic flights. No other forms of photographic identification are accepted. If you do not have one of the above means of identification, easyJet cannot accept you for travel.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Easyjet ID requirements

Thank you, I did see this on easyjets website, however my only issue is that it does not state if it is only a full uk driving license or provisional would be acceptable.

3. Re: Easyjet ID requirements

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 July 2017, 14:23

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,290 posts
80 reviews
4. Re: Easyjet ID requirements

Does not matter. They are both issued by the DVLA. As long as you are not gonna ask to drive the plane you will be ok

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Easyjet ID requirements

Thanks, you have put my mind at rest :)

Chatham, England...
1 post
6. Re: Easyjet ID requirements

Was yout provisional license accepted by Easyjet. I want to fly to Jersey and only have provisional??

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,329 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: Easyjet ID requirements

Was yout provisional license accepted by Easyjet. I want to fly to Jersey and only have provisional??

As far as I am aware a passport is required for travel to Jersey.

Banbury
Level Contributor
521 posts
8. Re: Easyjet ID requirements

>>As far as I am aware a passport is required for travel to Jersey.>>

There's no passport control between the UK and Jersey, valid i.d will do

UK
Level Contributor
9,165 posts
26 reviews
9. Re: Easyjet ID requirements

"As far as I am aware a passport is required for travel to Jersey."

Why do people just make things up as they go along, instead of checking their facts?

Absolutely NO passport required for travel between the Mainland and the Channel Islands. I used to travel to the Channel Islands on a staff ID (and the only reason I no longer travel on a staff ID is that I'm now in a different job which comes without that kind of ID)

london
3 posts
10. Re: Easyjet ID requirements

Hi regarding ID does anyone know if they will accept an pension entitlement letter as pension books are no longer issued

Reply to: Easyjet ID requirements
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted