We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

onetravel.com cheapoair.com : please avoid

San Jose, Costa Rica
1 post
onetravel.com cheapoair.com : please avoid

I just wanted to share my experience/story with this travel website name ONETRAVEL.COM and i thought i got a good deal from them but it's all wrong and i will stay away for them if i were you.

Here's the story.

I bought my ticket roundtrip from Costa Rica to Philippines and very happy thingking that i got a good deal.

1 week before my flight i started getting call and email alert that they changed my flight iterinary and it's ok because they are changing the time when `returning home so i just need to stay in LAX for 12 hours which i can manage and no biggie.

It started when i was returning home and was good flight from Manila to HK and HK to LAX but since they change my schedule flight from LAX to Costa Rica, i have to wait for 12 hours before my next flight so i decided to walk around and spend that 10 hours around LA.

Burned the 10 hours outside and really exhausted so time to check in to AVIANCA airlines and finally going home BUT when i reach the counter i was not listed as passenger?? Ok, must be a mistake? so i talk to the them and request to check because it's impossible and i have the ONETRAVEL confirmation with me. FINALLY they found my name BUT my flight was yesterday??? %$^&%^& that was the day when i was flying from HK to LAX.

AVIANCA told me to call ONETRAVEL and i tried but their customer service was not 24 hours. OMG i dont want to spend one more night here so i went to talk to AVIANCA supervisor and told me they can't do anything because they are not the provider. I even offer to buy another ticket but they said they cannot.Tired, exhausted and sleepy the supervisor told me to try to talk to Cathay Pacific so i walk from Gate 2 to Gate 3(not that far).

To make the story short. Cathay Pacific manager talked to me and explain me straight that i need to pay $100 for late arrival then they will try to talk to the manager of AVIANCA which they did and resolve my issue. They also told me that the problem is the travel agency. Im not going to explain more the walking back and forth to gate 2 to gate 3 but i did 5 times going back and forth to the airline because my name doesn' t appear but they resolved my flight in the end.

conclusion.

Called ONETRAVEL and the supervisor refused to refund my $100 and told me because i paid it. Oh they blame me that i didn't confirm the iterinary changes which i did on their email notification.

Sorry for the long story but do avoid this travel agency. ONETRAVEL.COM CHEAPOAIR.COM

They are the same company

134 replies to this topic
1. Re: onetravel.com cheapoair.com : please avoid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 09:05

2. Re: onetravel.com cheapoair.com : please avoid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 09:35

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: onetravel.com cheapoair.com : please avoid

Oh wow. You can't be serious. Reported inappropriate.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
253 posts
50 reviews
4. Re: onetravel.com cheapoair.com : please avoid

jonel s,

This is alarming! I totally agree that they are the worst travel agency I ever saw and I will never deal again. I had contact their customer service so many times to ask few questions about their confirmation email, it was like 20 min wait then discnnected, 40 min wait then disconnected, 120 min wait then I hung up, 30 min wait then they hung up without answering my question!

I still did not take my flight however they did the same and send me an email stating changes to my connection flight time.

I will confirm my connection flight as soon as I can. However I think we should take another legal action, does anyone here know how to report such incidents to comsumer protection agency?

Fairfax Station...
1 post
5. Re: onetravel.com cheapoair.com : please avoid

You can file a complaint >> www.dot.gov/airconsumer

You can also write to:

Director, Aviation Consumer Protection Division

Office of Aviation Enforcement & Proceedings

1200 New Jersey Ave, SE

Washington, DC 20590

Bangkok, Thailand
1 post
6. Re: onetravel.com cheapoair.com : please avoid

So now please I want help can you do me a favor I want to go Trinidad and Tobago and now I don't know how much I will pay for ticket cheep fare from Bangkok to trinidad. .thanks

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
7. Re: onetravel.com cheapoair.com : please avoid

I doubt you will find a "cheap" ticket.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ then book direct with the airline once you find a route / fare .

US
Level Contributor
3 posts
89 reviews
8. Re: onetravel.com cheapoair.com : please avoid

DON'T BOOK WITH ONETRAVEL.COM!!!

We booked a flight and got an email a week later that the airline had cancelled our connecting flight and we would have to find another. The options they gave us had long layovers. The shortest was 4 hours. My husband called and spoke to a female rep requesting a shorter layover. There was a flight with a 2 hour layover which is what he thought she booked. When we got the confirmation email, the connecting flight was for the FOLLOWING DAY - A 26 HOUR LAYOVER!!

That's when the trouble started. After talking to several people (apparently from an Indian call center. All of them were very hard to understand), he was told that he needed to talk to someone in the "change" department and someone would call us back. Two days later, no one called, so he called again and was on hold for 30 minutes and the person who finally answered the call told him that they couldn't do anything about it and he would have to listen to the "tape" to see who had made the error and call back within 48 hours.

I was so upset, I called the airlines and thankfully, they made the change for me.

DO NOT USE ONETRAVEL.COM!!! You will be dissapointed!!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
9. Re: onetravel.com cheapoair.com : please avoid

Would have saved you lots of time and frustration if you'd just called the airline in the first place. I agree, that the odds of being dissapointed [sic] are high. Why not book directly with the airline and bypass all these crazy companies that keep popping up on this board.

US
Level Contributor
3 posts
89 reviews
10. Re: onetravel.com cheapoair.com : please avoid

This is a follow up to my post. In addition to their error in booking which luckily the airline corrected they want to charge extra to book my seats!

THEY WANT 11.99 TO BOOK MY SEATS IN ADDITION TO THE COST OF UPGRADED SEATS FROM THE AIRLINE. If you don't choose that option, they will submit your seat assignment request to the "Seat Assignment Group". They will not guarantee when they will assign your seats and it can take up to 48 hours for them to respond to your request.

HOW RIDICUOUS!!!!!!!!

Reply to: onetravel.com cheapoair.com : please avoid
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted