We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Dreamliner

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson Dreamliner

Can anyone from the U.K tell me what the dreamliner flights are like. Any tips. Thanks. X

47 replies to this topic
Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
548 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

If you check out the airline forum there's a whole thread about the Dreamliner :) we fly out on it in July but lots of info on that thread

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Thank you I'll take a look. X

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
21 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Have just returned home on the Dreamliner from holiday in Nuevo Vallarta.Not sure what you want to know.There is more leg room not sure seats any wider.Meals ok.The drinks trolley only comes round once in the 11hr 20minute flight.If you want any more you have to go to the back galley or buy it all in one go.Seat wise 3+3+3.The only two configuration as right at the back I think the was just two lots.Which even though we had paid to sit together we still did not manage to get them.The flight is very smooth and quicker than normal flights.So a pleasure to fly on .

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Thanks Elaineefx, only me being noisy really seen a couple of badish reviews . We are going in August so hopefully any problems will have been sorted. Hope you had a good holiday. X

Berkshire
Level Contributor
15 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Hi, we just flew back from PV to Gatwick. Plenty of room, my husband is 6'2" and he had about 4" of space from his knees. Each seat has it's own screen with movies, TV programmes, Music and Games and also a USB port which is handy if you want to charge your phone. Food was ok both ways and it really didn't seem to be that long. We sat in row 26 which is directly in front of the toilets which was ok but after about 10hours we started getting the odd waft of "Toilet smell" Very quiet and both flights were pretty smooth. If you have your own headphones they will work fine, if not they are free anyway.

uk
Level Contributor
545 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Hi - we travelled in Premium Cabin from Manchester on first flight to PV. Service was good on the outbound flight with a Manchester crew, food was fine with a choice of main meal. Seat config in PE is 2-3-2 we had a window and aisle seat row 5 both ways. Seat design is dreadful, IFE screens stowed in the fixed armrests between the two seats, together with the 'legrest' control. Very, very difficult to 'escape' from the window seat and impossible if the seat in front is reclined. Aircraft was airy, quiet and the flight was smooth. Service on the return journey with Gatwick crew was not good. No conversation with the crew, once we had selected our main meal choice (chicken or beef) we were asked if one of us would change as we'd both selected beef and they were running out with no choice to offer people in the remaining rows. We did change( but to be honest the food was dreadful and neither of us ate it anyway) Width wise the seats were good and there was enough space but everyone we spoke to who had flown in the standard seats commented on the good legroom but narrow seats - be aware that the configuration has gone from 2-4-2 to 3-3-3 across, so one extra seat per row. Didn't feel as tired after the flight in either direction and the larger windows made viewing easier. IFE was fine and the time passed quite easily.

Edited: 28 May 2014, 03:18
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Hi ,thank you we r flying from Manchester also book the premium thinking as the flight is long will treat ourselves from what I have heard about the main seating and service it is a good choice. Still looking forward to it but have to wait till August so hope any problems with service will have been sorted. X

lancashire
Level Contributor
63 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Really good we went on 1st May to 15th to Puerto Vallarta 11 hours 15 mins from Manchester. We had the premium cabin seats very comfortable considering the length of flight. More room all round, good entertainment and brighter and quieter than normal plane.

You'll like it.

London, England...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

I just returned from Dominican Republic. I found the Dreamliner to be very spacious BUT apparently you are not allowed to cross your legs in your seat, especially if the person in front wants to recline their seat. Apparently one passengers comfort is more important than anothers.....The cabin manager said I was "childish" for not wanting to move from my comfortable sleeping position so that the person in front could recline their seat, which would have made me very uncomfortable. Terrible, rude and offensive Cabin Manager.....accusations that I had 'locked' the seat, aggresive and provoctive staff....actually, just the female cabin manager. Beware, for those travelling with Thomson....you are not allowed to cross your legs and if you do, you will be woken from your sleep, accused of locking the seat in front and called childish. Fuming is not the word! Oh and to top it off, my jewellery was stolen from my case somewhere between Puerto Plata airport and LGW!

liverpool
Level Contributor
102 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Hi

We travelled to PV on the Dreamliner in January from Manchester and paid extra for premium, which I can only say it was worth every penny. We were row 3 in the middle on the way out and on the way back we were in row 1 window seats, these were perfect, no one in front of you and loads of leg room, so if you can book these seats you won't be disappointed. Food excellent, drinks whenever you want them, and a good selection of movies etc. Staff both ways were very pleasant, could not fault it at all. Enjoy!!

Reply to: Thomson Dreamliner
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted