We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can I trust bestjet.com?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
can I trust bestjet.com?

Hi

Anyone had any experience with bestjet? I usually use skyscanner to look up flights then book through the airline directly but this time it is cheaper to book through bestjet (referred by skyscanner) than the actual airline (China Southern airlines)....

are the legit?

😏Sarah

231 replies to this topic
1 post
41. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

I can tell you their tickets are legit but beware they run a scam if you want to change flights. You pay in advance but wanted to charge me $580 as an internal fee but the terms and conditions state $55. Said I had to book the entire flight again...just every person you talk to was inconsistent which screams dodgy.

Buyer beware

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
42. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

<<but the terms and conditions state $55.>>

You misunderstood that.

Never used them, but that $55 will be the fee merely to >>allow<< you to change.

On top of that, you then need to >>pay the difference<< between what you originally paid and what it costs to buy now.

Sometimes that means, its cheaper to buy a new ticket.

This is absolutely standard for the airline industry.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,253 posts
478 reviews
43. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

>>>This is absolutely standard for the airline industry.<<<

Spot on. StuMac, I'm afraid you misunderstood what you read. If you could change a flight for only $55 the inevitable result would be that many people would deliberately purchase a flight that was maybe $200 cheaper, then just pay the $55 to change it to the more expensive. It would be chaos and utterly unsustainable.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,940 posts
26 reviews
44. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

Yep, sadly above is right. Otherwise it would be cool. Buy a ticket for the low season and then change it for your Christmas flights for $55.

So yes, you pay the agency a change fee (and frequently the airline on top as well) and then you pay the fare difference between the two dates.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
45. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

The short answer is no. I too normally use skyscanner which is a great app. However my recent experience is completely negative. Here is what has happened.

I booked a fare to join my husband in Colombo on Boxing Day. Received the email with credit card authorisation form. Returned completed via the requested email address. All good so far. Realised I had left something off so resent the form. Next day had a phone call from Bestjet as they hadn't received my emails. Resent the info, this time not using the email link but manually typed in. Asked the girl to contact me in an hour if she did not receive the email. Nothing, so assumed all was ok. Did not receive any confirmation so again emailed to ask where the tickets were. Now that s 4 emails and one phone call. This morning I rang as had not heard anything and was informed that my booking was cancelled and money refunded. (Have checked my account and this has not happened as yet)

I pointed out that there may be an issue with the hyperlink that comes on the confirmation email. I was made to feel like I had lied about sending the emails. On reading the reviews here I have this feeling reinforced. During my phone call this morning I requested to speak to a supervisor, he was not available but was told he would ring me. I am not holding my breath.

For those contemplating using this agent, my advice DONT.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
53,571 posts
1,800 reviews
46. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

<< but beware they run a scam if you want to change flights>>

Oh my gosh. If one buys the lowest possibly priced tickets, which are highly restricted, they should NOT want to change flights - that will be a problem at any time, and with almost any airline, let alone 3rd party agent.

If one wants flexibility, they MUST pay for that - otherwise, live with what you bought.

Good luck,

Hunt

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
53,571 posts
1,800 reviews
47. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

Peta W,

But were they hundreds of $'s cheaper, than booking via the airlines?

If so, then you likely got what you paid for their service, which is, I hope, 0.

Good luck,

Hunt

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
21,184 posts
113 reviews
48. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

I reckon the price you thought you were paying was never available when BJ tried to buy a seat on your behalf. Only the airlines have live prices and OTA's most usually have prices showing that are old and no longer exist, if they ever did. That would be why the booking was cancelled.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
49. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

I am a seasoned buyer of flights online. I do my homework when it comes to getting the best deal (not necessarily the cheapest). In this case they were not the cheapest option. My error was not reading the reviews in this case. I am flying business so the saving was significant not just a few dollars.

Canberra, Australia
1 post
1 review
50. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

N - O - !

Bestjet caused me to lose very precious family time in Boston for Christmas because they are unprofessional. I was supposed to fly X'mas eve on Virgin out of CBR at 10:05am to connect in SYD at 12:40pm then to LAX then to BOS. However, by the time I found out from Virgin that the SYD-LAX flight was moved up to before noon, I had already missed the opportunity to arrive in BOS on X'mas eve. Virgin said back in late November they notified travel agencies that all SYD-LAX flights were changed to depart before noon, and so Bestjet should have notified me of this change and rebooked me on an earlier CBR-SYD flight. But I never received anything from Bestjet about any changes for any of my flights. As a result Virgin was kind enough to rebook me AT THEIR EXPENSE but departing on Dec 25 and arriving X'mas night instead. My next leg of my trip is to leave Boston the night of Dec 26. So because Bestjet is so unprofessional my time with family in Boston is reduced by 50% to just over 24 hours.

Reply to: can I trust bestjet.com?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted