We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can I trust bestjet.com?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
can I trust bestjet.com?

Hi

Anyone had any experience with bestjet? I usually use skyscanner to look up flights then book through the airline directly but this time it is cheaper to book through bestjet (referred by skyscanner) than the actual airline (China Southern airlines)....

are the legit?

😏Sarah

225 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
2 posts
61. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

The worst possible service ever, I booked a ticket to Hong Kong for 1132 for me and my husband, as an emergency came up and we needed to reschedule the dates, they charged 550 to change the tickets, not including all the additional fare fees. When I cancelled my ticket instead, they refunded me 181 TOTAL. Basically, I donated 1000 for no good reason. I would never book with them again. Even if they have cheaper tickets, book with someone else, their customer service is HORRIBLE, if I could give it 0 stars, I would.

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
62. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

Worst jet...certainly not best jet...my business class fare turned to a nightmare after requesting a change to the return flight. Worst jet advised the change would cost $240...however 24 hours later they advised the cost would now be $1150 (500% increase)

As a consumer I feel scammed and advised Consumer Affairs their misleading conduct.

leon.m@yahoo

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
63. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

No you can't!!!

Chengdu
3 posts
64. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

MAKE SURE YOU READ THEIR FINE PRINT!!!!

"If you change your itinerary after full payment and final documents are issued, an administration fee of AUD$140.00 will apply per domestic ticket."

So they want to charge you to change, in addition to the $80 service fee and $200 penalty fee Qantas will charge for the change.

NOTE: "Air travel itinerary changes, if permitted by the fare, may have a change fee charged by the airline typically ranging between $100 and $250 AUD per ticket that will vary by market, carrier and specific fare rule. In addition, any changes made with Bestjet to your itinerary will incur a per ticket Bestjet change or cancellation fee."

65. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

Very bad choice!

2 posts
66. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

Hi i just had the same experience today. What was your next course of action?

2 posts
67. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

Hi

I just had the same experience today. What was your next course of action?

1 post
1 review
68. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

You can not trust them.

They are the worst. I havent seen any business that has tried to hide its phone number more than bestjet. I booked a China Southern Ticket through them. China Sourthern Cancelled their flight and offered full refund. Its been 24 weeks still no refund. SO far its been 285 since I bought my tickets. You may save a few hundred $ with best jest but the stress they give you is not worth it

69. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 June 2016, 23:35

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
53,391 posts
1,800 reviews
70. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

Posting the same thing, to multiple posts is considered as spam.

Make your point once, and do not Search for all posts on the topic - something that you did not do, before you bought.

Good luck,

Hunt

Reply to: can I trust bestjet.com?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted