We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can I trust bestjet.com?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
can I trust bestjet.com?

Hi

Anyone had any experience with bestjet? I usually use skyscanner to look up flights then book through the airline directly but this time it is cheaper to book through bestjet (referred by skyscanner) than the actual airline (China Southern airlines)....

are the legit?

😏Sarah

215 replies to this topic
Perth Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
81. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

Bestjet are absolutely useless and to be avoided at all costs. They exist only to take your money when first booking your flights. They are not in the slightest interested in helping you if some change happens to your flights. Our Malaysian Airlines flights were changed by the airline. We called Bestjet and they said we had to deal with the airline direct - what are travel agents for aye? The replacement flights we were given (after a lot of angst and hours spent on calls to the airline) were cheaper flights than the ones we booked originally (about A$600 in total). We contacted Bestjet to ask them to arrange the refund and they ignored us. They have zero customer focus and are of dubious pedigree. Checkout smh.com.au/business/consumer-affairs/budget-…

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
82. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

I have used them several times and they are very good never been a problem so dont worry.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
83. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

they are live and they are good to deal with

Perth, Australia
1 post
84. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

They seemed ok until i tried to change a flight , i was first told it would be $190 , $140 BJ admin and $50 from the airline , 3 hours later i recieved another email saying it would cost $406 dollars , the cost of the origonal ticket was only $550,,,, after waiting 45 minutes on hold i was told it was always $406 and never $190 , $190 for BJ and $216 for the new ticket that was apperently more expensive because of the travel date , i checked both online with BJ and direct with the airline and the ticket for that date was actually $200 dollars cheaper. i sent a copy of the origonal $ 190 quote back to them but havent recieved a reply, will try to change the ticket when im overseas

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
73,970 posts
478 reviews
85. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

That's a cautionary tale, mart. While anyone can make a mistake, it can often be the case that buying a new ticket works out cheaper than changing one you already have. Clearly, Bestjet would much rather you paid their fees. I'm not surprised, really, as this is how they make their money.

Leederville...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
86. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

No, I have had a terrible experience with them, Perth-London flights booked 8 months ago, 1 week before i am due to fly and bestjet have still not confirmed the tickets with Malaysian airlines. I have now been told there are no seats available for the seat i purchased.

Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
2 posts
45 reviews
87. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

I would not trust best jet at all. Incredibly hard to get hold of on telephone, then the operators fob you off. Finally on my third phone call over the course of the day was able to change a ticket. Very hard to do this, I had email them within minutes of realizing the times on the ticket were wrong but no joy with the "on line chat". Would never use this company again to book tickets with.

Edited: 16 December 2016, 02:11
Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
2 posts
45 reviews
88. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

I would not trust best jet at all. Incredibly hard to get hold of on telephone, then the operators fob you off. Finally on my third phone call over the course of the day was able to change a ticket. Very hard to do this, I had email them within minutes of realizing the times on the ticket were wrong but no joy with the "on loin England chat". Would never use this company again to book tickets with.

Esperance, Australia
1 post
1 review
89. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

Hi everyone,

I have had the worst experience with this company and do not believe they are a legitimate company. I paid for a flight and received a booking confirmation. (now knowing it was fake) I had the understanding that my flight was booked and I had received conformation. Days out from the flight they started to demand photos of myself, a photo copy of my license (with my signature clearly identifiable) as well as a photo copy of my credit card. They said if I did not provide these details they would cancel my flight. At this time other flights had gone up significantly in price which made me feel vulnerable to provide the information as I wanted to keep my tickets. I phoned my bank and they advised me not to provide the requested information. So I did not. I sat on the phone for 45 min trying to get a hold of a best jet agent and when I finally got a hold of them they were rude and not helpful. I am bias but I am a government employee and feel I am well mannered and polite. I was completely considerate on the phone and they were rude and not helpful and refused to let me speak to a manager. I called back hoping to speak to another consultant in their company and had the same experience. Rude not helpful and when asked to speak to a manager they hung up on me.

Please do yourself a favour and do not get sucked in to fake booking agencies. Even if they somehow are a real company the only explanation is that they are a horribly run business.

Hope this saves you some grief.

Regards,

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
4 posts
134 reviews
90. Re: can I trust bestjet.com?

Hi, I have dealt with BestJet on three occasions and fortunately have not had much of a problem. However, on receipt of their Booking I do confirm with the actual airline to ensure my booking is as indicated by the BestJet itinerary. In all cases I have been given a booking confirmation by the actual airline with their own booking reference. Only problem is that to select a seat (prior to 48 hours of travel) you have to pay the airline direct for that privilege. The charge is on a sector basis which can be quite an additional expense. In most recent instance would cost an additional AUD$550 for two PAX. There is always the chance that because of this we could be separated on the aircraft, Fortunately on the past two instances this has not occurred when leaving to last 24 hours prior to flight and saving the extra impost.

Edited: 04 January 2017, 20:13
Reply to: can I trust bestjet.com?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted