We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight delay in the small claims court

Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Flight delay in the small claims court

hi all I have had enough of jet 2 fobbing me off for a very legitimate compensation claim and have decided to go down te small claims route after 30 months of correspondence! Does anyone know if I can submit the claim for both myself and my boyfriend or do I have to do two separate applications - obviously don't want to waste my money getting it wrong or paying twice when I don't need to! Any advice or help greatly appreciated!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
25,413 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight delay in the small claims court

to find out info about the small claims court, you need to go to their website!

ps. if your claim is valid, you wont be "losing " money.

Edited: 18 May 2015, 09:31
Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight delay in the small claims court

I would say if its the same booking you can do it as both, but i would check first

Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight delay in the small claims court

Hi sorry if I wasn't clear - I know how to make the claim I just wondered if anyone knew for sure if you can claim for both people on one claim or if you have to do two separate ones ie if you have to pay twice.

Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight delay in the small claims court

Not sure who to check with do you think I can call te courts somehow? X

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero, Melton Mowbray, Elora
Level Contributor
16,585 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight delay in the small claims court

Where are you? If you are in the UK you need to contact your local County Court. You could also ask the Citizen's Advice Bureau.

Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight delay in the small claims court

Great thanks for the advice

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,661 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight delay in the small claims court

Certainly when you are claiming from the airline, the person who made the booking claims for all members of their party. So the same would apply in a small claims court.

Recently did this with Flybe for a 3.5 hour delay for two people, and they agreed to pay the €500 within three weeks of my writing. An excellent response.

I do not know what you should do if you made separate bookings.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight delay in the small claims court

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php…

Have a read of this guide which gives concise information on claiming and FAQ's on EU261 claims. You can also log on to the forum and ask specific questions in the relevant airline section.

Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight delay in the small claims court

Thanks maisymeg that guide is great and I have not seen it before! I posted on the MSE forum but am yet to receive a reply I think it's too long and things get missed on there. I am ready to start my application to the court now as it seems I have my answer! Not normally a litigious person but the have been that wily with me - I hate bullies and just want to see them be made to abide by the rules!

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight delay in the small claims court

Hi Kate, if you haven't already done so, I suggest you send one final email/ letter to Jet2 giving them 14 days notice that you are now taking legal action via the money claims online service. It may spur them into action, you never know.