We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skytours? Legitimate?

Baltimore, Maryland
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Skytours? Legitimate?

Looking to book a USAIR flight via Skytours (about 1/2 the cost on sky tours). Has anyone booked through skytours without any issues? I am a little concerned that the flight is so cheap compared to the USAIR website.

47 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
21,952 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skytours? Legitimate?

"I am a little concerned that the flight is so cheap compared to the USAIR website." - So you should be as it's very unlikely they can offer a fare at 50% of the US Airways price.

In all probability the prices are not live and at some point in the booking process or even afterwards you'll be told that the fare isn't available but they can get it for an extra $$$ which happens to be the same price as booking direct with the airline.

There is a big difference between advertising a flight at $X and actually providing a ticket at that price.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
22,748 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skytours? Legitimate?

Skytours, who are part of the Thomson/TUI group are legitimate, but I assume you're referring to Sky-Tours who are based in Andorra, which I doubt would be able to offer fares half the price of an airline. I certainly wouldn't be looking to book with someone with a claim like that.

3. Re: Skytours? Legitimate?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 June 2015, 17:21

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skytours? Legitimate?

Sky-tours as in www.sky-tours.com is probably a scam. Did a fair bit of searching and most of the reviews are negative. I tried to book a flight from SCL to SJD and my transaction was flagged so they sent me an email asking me to fill out a web-form and attach pictures of my passport and front of my credit card. This is often the exact approach taken by criminals. Even if it is legitimate, they should choose an alternative way to authorize if needed. I cancelled my booking with them as a result of the scammy practices and general bad reviews on the web.

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,970 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skytours? Legitimate?

Nobody gets prices more than about $6 off of direct from the airline fares, unless they are not allowed to tell you who you are flying until after you have paid. Impossible pricing. Buy direct.

Boise, Idaho
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Skytours? Legitimate?

I just booked with them and somehow the return date got entered wrong. I submitted a form to get this corrected but have not heard back from them. How long did it take for them to cancel your booking?

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,654 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Skytours? Legitimate?

I had a look on one of their websites (Sky-Tours not Skytours)

http://www.sky-tours.com/en/faq.htm

Paragraph 17 addresses your case but it looks a bit worrying that your window for getting the change made is only a few hours and until a ticket is issued.

Perhaps you need to be chasing them up. Telephoning is often a frustrating business with on-line travel agents but it is difficult to see what else you can do.

Boise, Idaho
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Skytours? Legitimate?

I submitted a form within minutes of seeing my itinerary so I hope this isn't the case. I haven't heard back and there is no phone number to even call. I appreciate your time. I'll have to keep digging.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
2,654 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Skytours? Legitimate?

I had a poke about on-line and sky-tours seems to be a one man operation, Rudi Seiberlich, with a company Skytours GmbH registered in Germany and an address in Freiburg.

The distinctive feature of the operation is the lack of any telephone number.

In a way I kind of respect that. As the company cannot afford to employ staff to man telephones it seems to me better to have none rather than to pay a call centre to keep people on hold and then hang up on them.

I did find this number 49 761 459 460 on this site

http://netcheck.com/skytours.shtml

but I rather think I would not spend time or money calling it.

There is said to be a Facebook page where some customer go to seek a response. That might be worth doing.

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Skytours? Legitimate?

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your feedback... BUT I already booked a ticket and the same thing happened to me as Patrick M - they said they need to verify my credit card, I have not heard back from support and they've already debited my account but haven't issued a ticket - PLEASE HELP!

Did you guys hear back and get your money back through cancellation or get things sorted? Thank you

Reply to: Skytours? Legitimate?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted