We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WARNING - Do not book with Flight Network!!!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
WARNING - Do not book with Flight Network!!!

Here is the description of my terrible experience with FlightNetwork:

I needed to book round trip tickets to Copenhagen for 3 people. We searched Google flights for the best deal and found a round trip flight for $843 from Flight Network. Since we needed to book using 3 different credit cards, I called FlightNetwork for the booking to ensure that we all get the same price and availability. First, it takes the agent forever to find the flight I am talking about (even using the flight numbers). Then, the agent tells me that the price I am seeing is due to a “glitch” in the system but they would honour this price. I am put on hold for long periods of time in order for the agent to come to this conclusion. It is already 30 minutes that I’m on the call and I have no new information other than the information I already had accessed online in less than 2 minutes. I tell the agent I would like to book with 3 credit cards and apply a promo code (for $20 discount per booking). The agent then asks me for the credit card numbers. Without asking me for my promo code, she has already applied a random promo code that gives $10 discount. I was frustrated at the incompetence of the agent and the long wait times so I decided I would continue the transaction online. I hang up with the agent, go through the online booking system, put in my credit card, click on “Purchase Now”, only to get a pop up that says the online system could not confirm my fare. I refresh the page and suddenly the flight is showing up at $896. I call back 5 minutes after I’ve hung up with the agent the first time, and she tells me that flight prices have gone up. I now decide to proceed with the booking anyway as it is urgent enough for me to book this flight. Another 45 minutes goes by, again long hold times, and my 3 flights are now booked. I receive emails with details of the booking but no invoice. I told myself I would call the next day to ask about the invoice. The next day, I notice the flight is showing at $843 again! And, on top of that, when I log in to the Air Canada website to manage my booking, the purchase price is actually at $843. So when I call back FlightNetwork, I tell them about this and I also tell them that I can’t even confirm what has been charged because I never received an invoice. Again, more ridiculously long hold times - every time, I ask a question, the agent tells me to hold on, puts me on hold for 5-10 minutes and comes back throwing up an answer she received from someone else. What is the point of customer care agents when they have to consult every question. Initially, the agent tells me that she says I was charged $843 mistakenly. I am so confused. Then, she comes back and says oh no, it was $896 that you were charged. Complete chaos!! She sends me the invoice which says that I am paying $285 for the flight and $611.57 in taxes totalling $896.57. Then I tell her that the flight is back to $843 on their website. She says she cannot see this price in their database. I am literally refreshing the page as I speak to the agent and am seeing $843. I had to send a screenshot of what I am seeing on their website to them to prove that I am seeing this price!! She then says that because the flight is book, she cannot refund the difference but can provide it as a credit due to their price drop protection. I was not satisfied with this but looked like I didn’t have another option so I agree and she tells me that it will appear in my account within 3-5 business days. It has been 4 and still nothing but we will see. During the call, I ask to speak with a supervisor and she tells me that the supervisor will basically tell me the same thing… The total time for this call was 1 hour.

Then I finally see the charge on my credit card - I see 2 charges. One with the description AIR CANADA totalling $843 and another with description TASF totalling $53. I google TASF and find out this mean travel agent service fee. I am so furious now as they never informed me that this was part of the price they quoted to me!! It is not even detailed in the invoice. I tried calling and the agent tells me that this doesn’t need to be detailed to me, it is part of the total price but I am still not convinced. This is only $53 but the principle of the matter, I was not informed of the details of the charges to my credit card, let alone the absolutely horrible service, I am sure this is in violation of some consumer protection act or travel agents act. Overall absolutely terrible terrible nightmarish experience with FlightNetwork. Not worth the headache and lack of transparency. Embarrassing that this is a Canadian company.

203 replies to this topic
Nr ottawa Ontario
Level Contributor
31 posts
16 reviews
51. Re: WARNING - Do not book with Flight Network!!!

thanks for sharing your experience I see some agents Charge a booking fee of $20 that pops on later to price quoted but before you book so you can cancel . r

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
10,347 posts
105 reviews
52. Re: WARNING - Do not book with Flight Network!!!

They aren't travel agents. Don't confuse them as such.

53. Re: WARNING - Do not book with Flight Network!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 June 2017, 00:05

1 post
54. Re: WARNING - Do not book with Flight Network!!!

They sold me a ticket and insurance. I got a phone call the next day telling me they don't sell insurance to anyone from B.C. and therefore I have a ticket but no cancellation insurance. They gave me a number to call and all they did was put me back in touch with Flight Network who again told me I have a ticket but no insurance. Never again.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,815 posts
26 reviews
55. Re: WARNING - Do not book with Flight Network!!!

<<don't sell insurance to anyone from B.C.>> What is B.C.?

Anyway, just buy any other travel insurance. Read well what is covered and what not. If you worried only about the insurance, don't.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
10 reviews
56. Re: WARNING - Do not book with Flight Network!!!

Why is this a big deal? If you want travel insurance, you're usually better off not purchasing through the airline anyway. You can purchase travel insurance through many companies.

B.C. is British Columbia

Edited: 10 July 2017, 13:26
Los Angeles...
6 posts
57. Re: WARNING - Do not book with Flight Network!!!

I was just charged $147.63 for an 'agent fee,' after purchasing my ticket from Panama City to Los Angeles with the Flight Network. I am very upset as this was not disclosed in the booking conditions or invoice. The agent fee showed up in my credit card statement alongside the amount charged by the airline, Avianca. In total, I paid way more than I was suppose to.

I called customer service, but they said they werent able to handle the situation and that I would have to email customer care with a copy of my credit card statement and the booking confirmation that shows how much I was suppose to pay. I'm suppose to hear back within 5-7 business days, so I'm just waiting anxiously if they are able to get rid of this outrageous agent fee of $147.63. Ill keep you posted if I hear anything back.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
58. Re: WARNING - Do not book with Flight Network!!!

You will have ticked that you agreed to the T&Cs when you made the booking which includes this

Flight Network Booking Fees

Flight Network will often times charge a booking fee on flights to a particular destination. This fee is lumped into the total cost of your booking. By agreeing to the total purchase price of the ticket, you have also agreed to the Flight Network booking fee. This fee is charged by Flight Network (not the airline)

Los Angeles...
6 posts
59. Re: WARNING - Do not book with Flight Network!!!

I understand that, by the agent fee ($147) that I was charged was added in addition to the total cost that I had agreed to in my booking confirmation.

Los Angeles...
6 posts
60. Re: WARNING - Do not book with Flight Network!!!

I just received a reply from customer care saying there was indeed an overcharge and I shouldn't have been charged more than what was on my booking confirmation and will give me a refund for the overcharged amount.

Edited: 20 July 2017, 19:54
Reply to: WARNING - Do not book with Flight Network!!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted