We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asl france airlines / thomson

fife
Level Contributor
591 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Asl france airlines / thomson

Hi I have booked a thomson holiday and just noticed our flight is with asl france airlines. Does anyone have experience of them ? Never heard of them before . Would like to know if I need to book seats or if they're likely to book families together. Thanks for any help

215 replies to this topic
Penryn, United...
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Asl france airlines / thomson

where are you flying from and flying too ?

ASL is a cargo airline , so I guess you will be surrounded by mailbags on your flight

Edited: 19 March 2016, 06:29
fife
Level Contributor
591 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Asl france airlines / thomson

Aberdeen to ibiza- I hope not 😳

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,036 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Asl france airlines / thomson

This airline is / was Europe Airpost, a charter that Thomson regularly uses.

Search Europe Airpost in the search box to bring up various threads.

fife
Level Contributor
591 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Asl france airlines / thomson

Thank you on all the post sit just keeps saying this page is on holiday , won't act let me read them - very strange

Edited: 19 March 2016, 07:09
Loughborough...
Level Contributor
5,770 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Asl france airlines / thomson

This is Europe Airpost rebranded, they have been used as subcontractors by UK tour operators for several years. Just search this forum for Europe Airpost.

They do have both purely passenger aircraft and ones that are convertible from passenger (daytime) to mail (nighttime) configuration. The UK's Jet2 is very similar in this respect, but a bigger operation.

Should you book specific seats if you want to absolutely guarantee sitting together? Yes, and the same would apply if it was one of Thomson's own aircraft. Most airlines will try to seat small children next to one of the adults in the party, but "next to" could be across the gangway, the row behind, or the row in front, and they may not even try to seat all the adults or teenage children together.

fife
Level Contributor
591 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Asl france airlines / thomson

Thanks again , will ci tact thomson to add it on

London, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Asl france airlines / thomson

we travelled with them last year from Aberdeen to Majorca with Thomson. The plane was called First Post yellow plane , where FPO flight code from. Took off both ways on time and had no problems on board, not alot of meal choice to buy though. If you check out ASL Website you can see inside plane.

We are flying this summer again with them to Majorca.

Edited: 09 April 2016, 06:39
fife
Level Contributor
591 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Asl france airlines / thomson

Thank you very much , that's put my mind at ease 😃

Fraserburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Asl france airlines / thomson

have had no problems with them. Safety record ok. Slightly older737 a/c than THomson fleet but ok

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
355 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Asl france airlines / thomson

This airline is part of the ASL group who are Irish and operate subsidiaries in France,Ireland, Hungary and Switzerland. They rebranded to one name about 18 months ago.

The code FPO comes from their air traffic control radio callsign "France Post". They were originally called Aeropostale before Europe Airpost. There is no First Post.

A warning that alternative threads are full of outrageous vitriol about ASL Airlines France and Thomson Holidays. Neither are doing anything unusual in this arrangement.

Reply to: Asl france airlines / thomson
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted