We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel2be Review - buyer beware!

Prague, Czech...
2 posts
Save Topic
Travel2be Review - buyer beware!

Warning!!!! The Travel2be website is very misleading with it's processing of paymet. It quotes you a price until the very end. Before you hit submit, it states a higher price ie. $172.00 and then it has a discount listed in parenthesis ie. (-$32.00) and then the final amount is again the amount you think you are paying ie $140.00. What happens is unless you use a Maestro card, you don't get the discount which is stated in very small print up above the confirm button. This is very very misleading as the bottom line still says what you think you are paying. So unless you are using a Maestro card the amount you pay is about the same as if you went to the airline directly. By the way I was redirected to the Travel2be site from Skyscanner.

Edited: 05 June 2016, 10:44
321 replies to this topic
London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
10,805 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel2be Review - buyer beware!

Sky scanner is for looking for flights, not for booking them. Go with the airline if at all possible or at least an established company like Expedia.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel2be Review - buyer beware!

And did you use google to find trip advisor, I'm not sure of your point on sky scanner? . If you find the text is too small on your screen you can increase the size so you can read it. There is no such thing as " print" in electronic version, print is a physical thing,

It's good that you say they provide the info and prior to purchase, just make sure in future if you find something too small to read then increase the text size, as well as research who you are buying from. The airline is the default first choice and in certain circumstances some good third parties, like a full service bricks and mortar travel agent or Expedia may be an option.

Prague, Czech...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel2be Review - buyer beware!

The way the total is presented is intentionally misleading. As the bottom line in large print and bold has the cheaper price which is what skyscanner advertised. As I stated: buyer beware as Travel2be's practices are intentional to mislead the customer.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel2be Review - buyer beware!

Hello, of course we can help you with the payment doubts. Please send us a mail to customer.service@travel2be.com with all your booking details and the amounts that do not fit and we will check immediately all the details. Regards

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel2be Review - buyer beware!

If does yes, but before you even get to put your details in, never mind pay, it tells you the total price if you chose a different payment method. It tells you that before you event select the flight, so early on in the process.Yes it's in smaller text, and if you're not paying attention you could miss it, but this means it tells you at least twice and you need to miss it at least twice. I'm not defending them, but the info is there.

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel2be Review - buyer beware!

I experienced something worse, We have tickets booked to travel via Istanbul in august, Due to the recent events in Turkey we tried to change the booking to avoid going to Istanbul. We called Travel2be and the operator simply refused to help us out saying we should contact Turkish Airlines who already referred us to Travel2be.

7. Re: Travel2be Review - buyer beware!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2017, 04:00
Edited: 06 June 2017, 04:00

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel2be Review - buyer beware!

Hi Znt2016, please send us all the details to customer.service@travelgenio.com and we will check the airline possibilities for those changes. Sorry if you had a bad experience with our call center, we will check also what happened. Regards

9. Re: Travel2be Review - buyer beware!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 August 2016, 05:05

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel2be Review - buyer beware!

I probably would not post my email address on this board. You really should private message Travelgenio and remove your post.

Reply to: Travel2be Review - buyer beware!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted