We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holland America Piano Bars ?

Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Holland America Piano Bars ?

Hi All !

Hey......in general, what type of music might we expect to enjoy at the Piano Bar on a Holland America Cruise ?

Thank you in advance to any of you who invest your time to answer.

Sincerely,

RichGazzoo

Chatham, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Cruises
Level Contributor
4,975 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holland America Piano Bars ?

Billy Joel and Elton John on sister ship Eurodam. I'm of a vintage to like that.

All the piano players are versatile, do requests, and to a certain extent tailor their play list to what the crowd wants. Go the first night - early - make your requests, and hopefully the piano man will come through. As far as I'm concerned, this is the best entertainment venue.

Edited: 07 March 2013, 10:49
Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Holland America Piano Bars ?

Thank you very much Fannish !

I appreciate your time.

RichGazzoo

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holland America Piano Bars ?

The Piano bar entertainers on Holland American ships (I have seen three now) are all really worth seeing. The bar is packed every night, so go early if you want a seat. They all do requests and are very different individuals who enjoy the crowd singing along with them.

New York
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holland America Piano Bars ?

The piano bar entertainers are terrific. They have special nights, featuring artists, but they are extremely adept at playing whatever you request. If they don't have it available the night you ask, they will usually tell you they'll perform it the next night.

Michael Sera is extraordinary (he studied at the famous music conservatory in Baltimore).

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
628 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holland America Piano Bars ?

The piano bar experience may be a bit more sedate than you find on some other cruise lines (i.e. Carnival), as are most of the other activities on Holland America. This is probably since the average age of their guests are older than some cruise lines. I agree that one should get to the piano bar early in order to get a seat.

6. Re: Holland America Piano Bars ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2015, 00:16