We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

Hi, I'd like to know whether anyone has any experience of booking flights with travelpack.com. I have seen a good deal with them on flights from Manchester to Colombo but would like to know if this website is reliable. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

No, but here's some information:

http://www.robtex.com/dns/travelpack.com.html

Just the notation in red on this site would make me steer clear.

I didn't find any reviews about this company, which also makes me a bit hesitant. Good luck.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

hi thanks for your advice and info, I also couldn't find any reviews on them. Probably best to pay a little extra. cheers

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
2,654 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

Haven't used them but they are ABTA, IATA and ATOL registered so i would seriously doubt that anyone would have any problems. If you pay by credit card you won't have any issues. Jim

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

Of course you can have issues if you pay by credit card! You would get your money back eventually, but you can run into all sorts of problems.

Everyone makes their own choices. I would probably choose not to book through this company.

5. Re: travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 February 2010, 12:13
wales
Level Contributor
127 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

I booked a multiflight in 2007 with travelpack heathrow to nyc to las vegas to washington back to lhr.everything was fine except the 3 nights stay in washington ihad to book with them to get the flight deal.When we arrived even though i had a voucher for four people they only had it down as one, thenthey said it hadn't been paid,after 10 mins it was all sorted and we were shown to our room. In the morning there was a bill pushed under our door with our checkout details,according to hotel we were only booked in for 1 night,went down to reception it was all sorted out quickly. When i got home i wrote them a letter,it was the booking agent in the usa that was at fault.travelpack sent me a cheque fo £30.00 as a goodwill gesture, hope this helps.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
12 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

DO NOT BOOK WITH TRAVEL PACK www.travelpack.com

I have never ever experienced so many head aches trying to book flights, not just once but twice!

I was booking a flight from London to BKK (700GBP), i paid with my debit card. I tried 3 times and each time and error came up and said transaction failed.

I then continued to book with my Amex which went through and said booking complete and they gave me the confirmation code. Then the next day they said the booking could not be made because they could not authorise my credit card. I call the card company and they gave me the authorisation code, eventually when i was able to get through to Travel Pack 3 days later the booking was made.

I then checked my bank account and noticed that all 3 of the previous failed transactions on my debit card had been taken out of my account.

The second time i used Travel Pack again was for an flight from London to Bangkok, my credit card was refused twice, the card company couldnt explain why.

I then tried with a different card, the booking went through and i was given the confirmation number. The next day Travel Pack sent me an email to say that the card could not be authorised, again i contacted the card company and they gave me an authorisation number.

Travel Pack said they could not accept this and they needed a cash bank transfer.

I then told them to forget about it and i will book with another travel company. So they cancelled my booking and told it would take 15 days to refund my credit card, but they could not refund the surcharge of around 15 GBP .

Now how could they take the payment from my credit card after they told me that the transaction could not be authorised?!?!?!? now i am out of pocket for 15GBP which is strange as they said the card could not be authorised.

During the time it was very difficult to speak with anyone and anyone that i did speak to was an Indian and were not helpful at all. It is not an english company as you are lead to believe.

I requested emails from them to confirm that they did not receive the funds, this took me 2 weeks to receive, then another 2 weeks for the cash from the 3 transactions to be refunded to me (total amount 2100 GBP).

I guess i am foolish for using them a second time and having problems again. I will not fall into the same trap with them and i suggest that you do the same.

It is a loss for Travel Pack as i fly international twice monthly and domestic twice monthly.

DONT USE TRAVEL PACK!

London
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

Hi there!

I have attempted to buy a flight ticket with this company - it was an extremely painful experience. A good friend of mine tried to pay for the flight tickets on my behalf, which is where the trouble began. The money was debited from his account and despite that TravelPack made the process suicidally awkward by demanding a copy of an ID of the card holder to supposedly verify the transaction. Scam-style practices, which I refused to do - the money was already cleared and the transaction was authorized by my friend's bank. What else do you want? I had to call them up numerous times and clarify the issue. So far, I canceled the tickets and I'm waiting on the refund, which will take... 14 days, despite the fact that the transaction was not authorized. Complete nonsense. My advice: AVOID at all cost!

London
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

Hi there!

I have attempted to buy a flight ticket with this company - it was an extremely painful experience. A good friend of mine tried to pay for the flight tickets on my behalf, which is where the trouble began. The money was debited from his account and despite that TravelPack made the process suicidally awkward by demanding a copy of an ID of the card holder to supposedly verify the transaction. Scam-style practices, which I refused to do - the money was already cleared and the transaction was authorized by my friend's bank. What else do you want? I had to call them up numerous times and clarify the issue. So far, I canceled the tickets and I'm waiting on the refund, which will take... 14 days, despite the fact that the transaction was not authorized. Complete nonsense. My advice: AVOID at all cost!

Preston, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: travelpack.com-has anyone booked flights with them?

I booked flight Manchester to SF on last Xmas with the Travelpack.com and I am totally happy with the site. If you remember, there was very bad weather that time affecting lots of flights. On the way back I had to fly with a different carrier who charged me $50 for the 2nd baggage piece, whereas original booking was for 2 free pieces. Travelpack.com handled the issue quite effectively and refunded the charge fairly quickly. I will certainly book with them again.

Get answers to your questions