We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photos

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
94 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Photos

It's time Seat Guru added photos of seats to its web site. Examples are "yellow" and "red" seats such as bulk head locations and exit rows. In some cases bulk head seats are excellent when room is proved for your feet to extend underneath or to the side. In other cases they are terrible. The same with exit rows. Current Seat Guru descriptions are not adequate in these cases.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,792 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Photos

Is Seatguru even being updated anymore?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,631 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Photos

Maybe they can pay you to go on all these planes and take pictures so that everyone else can see them (sort of like a ballpark) - maybe a new idea for a website ;)

Seriously, I agree with Lex, I think there is minimal or no updating of SeatGuru anymore.

Edited: 07 March 2012, 13:39
Sacramento...
Level Contributor
94 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Photos

snarky comment bk. passengers could take photos and post them.

is there a better website?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,828 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Photos

In my view seatguru is almost irrelevant - I prefer a combination of the airlines own seat plans and seatexpert although the latter also does not provide photos.

http://seatexpert.com/browse_by_airline.php

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
94 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Photos

Many thanks

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,631 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Photos

Maybe snarky, but I actually like the concept, so maybe not. I do find that if I google search a specific airline and airplane type, it pulls up most of the seat plan sites and even some pics and youtube videos. The other thing to keep in mind that even within an airplane type, some bulkheads will have cutouts and some may not. A lot of airlines are refurb'ing for economy plus, too.

7. Re: Photos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 10:16