We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Icelandair B757-200 seats don't match Seat Guru map

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Icelandair B757-200 seats don't match Seat Guru map

On Icelandair flight 635 (yesterday, July 20, 2012), a Boeing 757-200, row 11 was an exit row for regular Economy.

This differs from the Seat Guru seat map.

Burnt Hills, New...
Level Contributor
142 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Icelandair B757-200 seats don't match Seat Guru map

Use the BOOKING airline seat map. If you are not sure/safe with that, call the airline and confirm. Best bet is to call and ask for a email confirmation on your seat.

Enjoy!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,839 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Icelandair B757-200 seats don't match Seat Guru map

UNfortunately Guru is not being kept up to date. They make no promises!

England
Level Contributor
60 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Icelandair B757-200 seats don't match Seat Guru map

Hi, I'm in seat 11F tomorrow, Heathrow to KEF, so I'll let you know. But my previous experience is that the 3 x 3 Row11 or 12 is the first row of economy behind the 2 x 2 'Ecomomy Comfort' seats. The 'bulkhead', shown at Row 12 on the Guru chart, is a moveable curtain that in fact can be postioned anywhere. So, if few Economy Comfort places are loaded, extra economy seats can be fitted at Row 11 and the 'bulkhead' separator moved.

I always note that the Icelandair seat chart never shows the Economy Comfort seating in front of economy, and shows me, in Row 11, by the exit. Again, from experience, I'm expecting that in reality tomorrow I will be next in line behind the curtain.

The Heathrow/KEF seating layout may well be different to the US/KEF routes.

Edited: 27 December 2012, 14:07
4. Re: Icelandair B757-200 seats don't match Seat Guru map

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 December 2012, 14:17
England
Level Contributor
60 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Icelandair B757-200 seats don't match Seat Guru map

....I note that the original mailing to this thread, from Anonymous Flyer, seems to have been in a 757-200 with a seat layout that follows the Icelandair online chart (Row 11 by the exit), but the actual layout that I know from experience, closely follows the Seat Guru chart (with the minor adjustments at Row 11 or 12). This would seem to indicate that the European seat layout on Icelandair 757-200's differ to those operating the US routes.

Edited: 27 December 2012, 14:20
Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Icelandair B757-200 seats don't match Seat Guru map

Not sure the OP wants to know to be honest. The OP is a one post wonder from over 5 months ago....

Have a great trip :-)

Edited: 27 December 2012, 14:21
England
Level Contributor
60 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Icelandair B757-200 seats don't match Seat Guru map

...possibly, but someone else using this route might like to know.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,836 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Icelandair B757-200 seats don't match Seat Guru map

At which point they will ask as opposed to digging through obsolete threads, hunting for a response that matches their concern.

And hopefully they won't dig up an old thread that has peacefully gone dormant in order to do so.

Edited: 27 December 2012, 14:44
England
Level Contributor
60 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Icelandair B757-200 seats don't match Seat Guru map

Good grief! Do you realise than you have posted at least four, sarcastic, pointless replies every day for the last five years?

At least my comments, what they are, attempt to be helpful.

10. Re: Icelandair B757-200 seats don't match Seat Guru map

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions