We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I find out when you list a new restaurant

Morin Heights
Level Contributor
4 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
How do I find out when you list a new restaurant

I have been submitting restaurants that are not yet listed with Trip Advisor. I was never advised when they are accepted and on line. Found two of them by chance. How come the person submitting is not being advised that it is ready for a review?

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,460 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I find out when you list a new restaurant

Hi Ilania. You will eventually get a notification email but from my experience they can take anything from a couple of days to a few weeks - sometimes long after they've actually appeared in the listings. TA could do with speeding up the notification process.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,200 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I find out when you list a new restaurant

The notification process can be rather hit & miss - of about 35 new listings that I have submitted in recent months, I received notifications for about 20. The others were actually added, but I only found that out after searching TA for the new listing.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,522 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I find out when you list a new restaurant

Hit and miss indeed. You need to check every so often to see if the restaurants (or hotels or attractions) you have requested to be listed are up.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do I find out when you list a new restaurant

I think it has something to do with more than one member requesting the same listing. When the first member's request is processed, the new listing is added and an email is triggered. But if you are the second (or later) request, your note it's a duplicate request and may be ignored so that you don't get a new setup email as the listing already exists.

Just a guess.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,432 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How do I find out when you list a new restaurant

Sorry Noah good guess but that is not the case.I have been the only person to list and review places and have never had email notification.

Also when you try to update properties ie location and and name spelling errors then you don't get notification either.

The whole notification system is poorly mananged and executed.

and don't get me started on the mistakes thay make on listings even when you give them all the info on a plate.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do I find out when you list a new restaurant

Gus,

Respectfully there is no way that you would know that you were the only member to request a listing for a particular business.

Noah

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,432 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How do I find out when you list a new restaurant

well if I am the only person that reviewed the place and it is an area of a big tourist city that not many folk go to ,plus I had to try 3 times to get it listed before it eventually went up ,then when it was posted TA got it in the wrong location.

I think I can safely say I am the only person that tried to get it listed.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do I find out when you list a new restaurant

Nope, sorry. Still don't believe it. There are people and associations trying to keep the listings up to date that never submit reviews.

Besides, requesting new listings is something you said you swore off of doing at least a year ago. :)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,432 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How do I find out when you list a new restaurant

if you can give me an answer from TA management that that is the case then I will believe you until then you can only offer your opinion as I have.

I decide to do more listings and reviews to try and reverse some of the terrible reviews and listings that have gone on TA of late.

I remember whhen this was a website for traveller exchanging info and not the commercial entiprse it has become.

I do my small bit,its not much but small steps ,small steps and we may hopefully get this website back to something that is actually useful to travellers.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How do I find out when you list a new restaurant

Nope, sorry still don't believe it. In your exact words to me, "Sorry (Gus) good guess, but that is not the case." :)

Edited: 07 March 2012, 07:43