We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot in September

London, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Hot in September

Hello!

My boyfriend and I are looking to go somewhere hot (about 30 degrees) in the first and second weeks of September.

We've thought about Playa Del Carmen in Mexico (yes I know it's the rainy season) and before that Punta Cana, but apparently there's not much to do there.

Is there anywhere we've missed? We'd like pretty beaches but not a clubby feel, so nothing like the Canary Islands or Greek Islands.

We're not really fussed how long the flight is and we were thinking about £1200 each? Does anyone have any ideas?!

Thank you!

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot in September

I would look at Barbados. The beaches are beautiful, and it is a nonstop flight from London. It will definitely be hot in September.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,057 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot in September

About anywhere in the Caribbean will meet your 30 degree heat level in September. But, keep in mind that Sept. is in the middle of hurricane season. We grew up in Florida and have been through several hurricanes and we pretty well ignore the threat of hurricanes and frequently travel to the Caribbean in Sept., but the thought of getting caught in a tropical storm bothers some people. If you think that the thread might bother you, then plan a destination outside the hurricane zone. In the Caribbean area, the best bet to stay outside the Hurricane zone and meet most of your requirements would be Aruba. I've been there in Sept and believe me, IT IS HOT! (and remember, I grew up in Florida.) There is little wind in Sept so you feel the full force of the sun, probably much closer to 40 than to 30 degrees. I believe you can get good flights to Aruba, but I'm not sure about the budget.

London, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot in September

Thank you both for your suggestions, I had come across Aruba before but was under the impression we would get nothing or not much for our budget?

We have been to Cuba before in the rainy season and it only rained once in the morning but I do understand that's a risk you take traveling then!

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,057 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hot in September

Cuba is certainly a possibility... there are a number of AI resorts (at multiple price points) and I suspect there would be decent air service. I wouldn't be too worried about normal rain; it might even feel good to get a rain shower after several days of 35 degree weather. Just remember that Cuba is in the middle of the hurricane belt so it is possible (although unlikely) that you would get considerably more than a brief shower.

5. Re: Hot in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2013, 05:22
Get answers to your questions