We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expat explore

Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Topic
Expat explore

Hi all, I am interested in a 24 day tour by Expat Explore ( base in London ) was wondering if anyone knows about this company? If they are good and legit etc ?

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Expat explore

I was interested in this tour too. I am travelling to Paris in June and was going to make my way to London to start the tour.

I compared Contiki and Expat Explore and worked out that Contiki is much more expensive.

It seems like with Expat explore though the age of people who do it is higher than the contiki tour.

When are you going Engineer0802?

Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Expat explore

HI! i am going on the June 7! how about u?I`ve actually placed my deposit already..

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,933 posts
5,287 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Expat explore

I suggest following this recent thread asked about Expat.explore directly on the UK TA forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186216-i15-k39993…

Also would be best to ask specific questions about this tour company and experience on the UK forums as folks there will be able to better assist with your specific questions.

Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Expat explore

Hi Bradjill,

yes,i`ve spoken to some other travelers about this tour, i guess its pretty good after hearing from them!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Expat explore

I have travelled with expat on there 12 day tour and it was the best thing I have done. Although there is a variety of people, it works well and it is all very well organized.

Highly recommend

Cape Town Central...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Expat explore

Hi there

My daughter is booked on a 26 day tour from London on 10 June; when are you going?

j P
London, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Expat explore

We went on this trip in March. The Sight seeing was good the tour guide was good but that was about it.

If you are vegetarian the food was terrible and to think they charge extra £99 for food. We had 2 accidents and some of us passenger had our Bags stolen from the coach in Rome while we were on a walking tour, for which the travel insurance does not cover as it was left on the coach and Expat are NOT willing to compensate. I think out of the 12 days we had just a couple of good rooms. Wish i had chosen another company.

Save Reply
8. Re: Expat explore

Expate Explore tour is very good. We have just returned from a 17 day European tour. Before we left we found it difficult to find reviews on the company but took a chance anyway. We are very happy we did. The tour was excellent. The staff were great. No complaints from our end. We had a diverse group of travellers on the tour ranging from about 23 to 70 odd but it all worked fine. We are three travellers in our late 50's. The tours are excellent value for money and well worth looking at. We certainly would travel with them again and advise our friends to do the same.

9. Re: Expat explore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 July 2012, 14:35
London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Expat explore

I am going on the 22 day Europe tour at the end of this month, and have booked with them for a Turkey Tour and Egypt tour on my way back to Australia. They were at a travel show in London earlier this year and were really helpful with advice. The owners of the company were there and got to speak to them in person. Apart from the price (way cheaper than anything else I came across, which is why I can afford now to travel to three different regions) , it seems that you aren't made to do lots of stuff that might not interest you. Am yet to experience it, but there are always good things being posted on their Facebook page. Will give you the heads up when I am done. Wish me luck! :)