We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting married in Cyprus: Ideas

Blyth, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Getting married in Cyprus: Ideas

Hi,

I am wanting to get married in Paphos, Cyprus in approximately 2 and a half years time and I'm looking for some feedback from those who may also have had a destination wedding before.

I am looking at packages through cyprus dream weddings but I'm also wondering how much it would cost to organise everything myself instead of hiring a co-ordinator to do it.

Has anyone arranged their own wedding in Cyprus before, do you have any money saving ideas that could help bring the budget down but not scrimp on little details? I'm also looking for accommodation details etc for my guests as i'm wondering whether to contact a hotel directly asking for a price for a large group booking etc. I'm thinking there will be around 30 people attending.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

kent
Level Contributor
184 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting married in Cyprus: Ideas

Rachel I have sent groups all over the world to get married if I can be of help PM me. I can scan you in a copy of all the documentation you require.

You would be suprised how much different in cost is with various companies.

Are you looking at chapel, beach or hotel wedding? Do you want a hotel on all inclusive basis? If 30 people attend as a package you will get so many free spaces. It is easier to have someone organising it for you for 30 people as getting flights tied up, transfers etc when you yourself are also trying to organise things at home can be a nightmare.

PM me your details and will send over some ideas

Kim

Limassol, Cyprus
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting married in Cyprus: Ideas

Hi Rachel,

I don't know if I'm too late to comment on this (in which case I hope all your plans are going well!) but I'm also organising my wedding in Cyprus and have found that generally the hotels are very helpful with all the arrangements.

We've vouched for Ayii Anargyri Resort just outside Paphos and they've been fantastic in helping to sort paper work and have made a bulk reservation for my guests which lasts until a month before the wedding, so plenty of time for confirmation. Like many of the hotels that are used for weddings, they even have a chapel onsite if you want a church service, which saves on transport too!

If it's wedding photographers you're after I can recommend Jan Lennartz Photography (affordable and much more appealing to uk tastes than most of the others I've found) and I have a list of respected djs if you would like it! Also to cut costs, if the venue allows I suggest buying the alcohol yourself, the Tsiakkas Winery is very good.

Oh, and most importantly, don't be afraid to barter, there's usually plenty of wiggle room!

Good luck!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting married in Cyprus: Ideas

Hi everyone,

I am also looking at getting married in Cyprus in Spring 2014. (Rachel- thank you for posting this thread :) )

However, my guest list I think will consist of 100 people or so.

My dream is to have my wedding/reception/ welcome dinner all outdoors at a large villa setting.

Does anyone have any recommendations as far as villas are concerned for such a large party?

As far as weather is concerned, what does one think the best time if for an outdoor wedding during the months of March/ April/ May?

Is it necessary to have a wedding planner or can I do it all on my own and have day of coordinators?

Also, what would be the approximate cost for a wedding of this size in Cyprus?

ClemencyH- u seem to have a lot of info, do you mind sharing? :)

Any additional information provided will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

AC

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
25,771 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting married in Cyprus: Ideas

AC.............the 2 best/quickest ways for you to get accurate information would be to post on the actual forum for Cyprus....the locals no doubt have planned weddings for themselves and can give you current information, and if you want to contact Clemency from post #2, just send a private message right to her...the message will be in her inbox immediately ...to send her a message, click on her screen name, and then scroll down the page until you see "Send Message".......as you can see, shes from Cyprus, which is why I suggest you try the Cyprus forum....shes a local.....to get to the Cyprus forum, simply click on the blue link in this post that says Cyprus......

Edited: 22 March 2013, 10:04
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting married in Cyprus: Ideas

We are a couple wanting to have a beach wedding 30 guest or so but have no ideas were to start, looking for September 2014 or may 2015 have looked through a few brochers but would like an estimated price Which they don't really give. Would just love some ideas and help so we can get the ball rolling thanks lee

6. Re: Getting married in Cyprus: Ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 13:05
7. Re: Getting married in Cyprus: Ideas

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2013, 07:03
belfast
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting married in Cyprus: Ideas

HI, my partner and I are also looking to get married abroad, currently looking at Cyprus, figures at the minute look to be around the 50 mark, these are not confirmed though, date of marriage isn't until sometime in 2015, we are having the same issues with pricing, no idea where to start from flights and hotel booking to the actual wedding itself.

Can anyone offer any guidance on this (without it costing a fortune)?

Rach & Stevie

nightlegacy78@gmail.com

9. Re: Getting married in Cyprus: Ideas

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 13:05
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting married in Cyprus: Ideas

Would this include flights ect we are currently looking for may 2015

Get answers to your questions