We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for solo biz traveller in HK with a free day tomorrow

Leicester, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Ideas for solo biz traveller in HK with a free day tomorrow

It's my first trip to HK and I've been so busy preparing for a week of meetings that I haven't planned what to do with my day off tomorrow and part of Monday.

Any advice (quickly)? I'm travelling solo and am getting a bit bored of my own company and room service food (though delicious) so a sociable group tour would be ideal.

Nikki

Edited: 10 March 2012, 05:26
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,177 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for solo biz traveller in HK with a free day tomorrow

How about check out the Things to Do section of the Hong Kong forum or post your question here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g294217-i1496-Hong…

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
28,002 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for solo biz traveller in HK with a free day tomorrow

If you want company and an organised trip at this short notice (good thinking), as bk says check the HK forum for a quick response or things to do. You should be safe enough but you can ask there.

It is unlikely but if you are not getting the replies in time PM Bradjill who posts on this solos forum regularly. She should have some good advice.

Leicester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas for solo biz traveller in HK with a free day tomorrow

Ok lots of ideas now so going to try and get on organised tour to happy valley I live horse racing just feels a bit weird to go solo but still sounds good to miss so that's wed night sorted and I think the peak tomorrow cheers x

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,622 posts
5,731 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas for solo biz traveller in HK with a free day tomorrow

Hiya Nicholas,

Come pay us a visit on the HK Forum, we've a well set-up FAQ section, I advise browsing the [Must do/see in Hong Kong] entry first.

Normally, because of how efficient and cheap public transportation is in HK, we don't regularly recommend tours but independently viewing our city attractions, which are mostly in close proximity to other attractions.

To get you started, I'm sending some travel trip lists we've combined for visitors to HK. These are popular and commonly visited attractions for 1-10 day stays in HK. Hopefully you can find something here worth doing tomorrow.

Hong Kong Attractions

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23948-What_to_…

Best of Victoria Harbour

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i27892-The_Best…

Mongkok Markets

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i24685-Mongkok_…

Temples and Monasteries

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i25656-Hong_Kon…

Macau Day Trip

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i26979-Macau_Da…

Sha Tin Day Trip

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i24058-A_Day_in…

Hong Kong with kiddies

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i26165-Hong_Kon…

Hope this is helpful.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,622 posts
5,731 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ideas for solo biz traveller in HK with a free day tomorrow

This thread might also help, it s a recently a top 5 in Hong Kong activities, I've provided what I would do if I had to choose only five activities. Reviews (with photos) provided.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294217-i1496-k522…

6. Re: Ideas for solo biz traveller in HK with a free day tomorrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 07:16