We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October honeymoon

5 posts
October honeymoon
Save

We are looking for advice for honeymoon location ideas. We have from October 9th-17th (Saturday-Sunday) and will be flying from Florida. Since we only have 9 days including travel days I don’t think we can do anything in the pacific since a lot of time would be taken up flying. We want somewhere warm and where we can do some relaxing but also some fun adventurous activities. I’ve never stayed in an all-inclusive so I may be wrong but they sound like just lounging by the pool and eating resort food which doesn’t appeal to me to do for the entire trip. We’re considering Greece and I was thinking we could get a nice air bnb and so it’d be a little bit of a mixture of relaxation and fun but I am a little worried it might be too cool of weather since we’re used to hot Florida. Also flights are about 15 hrs to Greece so I’m worried that’s too far actually. I have posted in the Greece forum already. The Caribbean would be super easy to get to and I’ve never been, but it seems like it’d be all-inclusive, super touristy places-please correct me if I’m wrong! Any other locations we should be considering? Our budget is about 4K.

5 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
33,946 posts
24 reviews
89 helpful votes
1. Re: October honeymoon
Save

I read your post on the Greece Forum.. they recommend Crete for you for that time of year .. I think you could also consider Rhodes as well.. Im no Expert for Greece, so maybe ask them about that in your Greece thread

As for the Carbbean and All Inclusive's, you don't have to choose an All inclusive Hotel unless you want that... And youre under no obligation to eat all of your meals at your Hotel either even if you choose All incl.

Ive often chosen All incl but certainly left to tour around and ate off the premises. You are free to come and go as you please.

There are plenty of Hotels in the many various Caribbean islands that are Not All Incl..

You can inquire about any of them here on Tripadvisor ... They All have thrir very Own Destination Forums and their own Experts who give travel advice every day

Edited: 12 April 2021, 07:35
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
6,710 posts
436 reviews
115 helpful votes
2. Re: October honeymoon
Save

I won't address your questions about all-inclusive spots, since I don't stay in them myself. But it's my understanding that there are a lot of included activities, tho some activities like deep-sea fishing and scuba dive trips would be extra. One of the other regulars will be along to correct me if I'm wrong.

One thing you are aware of as Floridians is hurricane season, so if you choose the Caribbean, pick one of the islands far south that's out of the zone. You might also consider the Pacific Coast of Mexico, say Puerto Vallarta or the nearby Riviera Nayarit or Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo, for instance.

Besides being a long way to go for a 9-day honeymoon, the Mediterranean region of Europe in October is going to be warm but not hot. You can find out about temperatures and rainfall for nearly anywhere by Googling "average October weather in XXX".

There are also the Canary Islands in the Atlantic off the coast of Africa where the average high temp in October will be around 80 degrees (probably warmer earlier in the month). You could look into it if the idea appeals to you. With current reduced airline schedules, getting there may be no quicker than getting to Greece which is much farther from the U.S.. https://www.guidetocanaryislands.com/canary-islands-weather-october/

I would also caution you that the COVID situation in Europe is unpredictable. Countries there are far more likely than FL to order a lockdown on short notice if cases spike again. And most countries, tho not all, still are prohibiting U.S. citizens from visiting. I certainly hope by October Europe will be open to us again but there can be no assurances. The roll-out of vaccination is going much more slowly than in the U.S.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,511 posts
377 reviews
135 helpful votes
3. Re: October honeymoon
Save

Review the web site go-today.com for suggestions. I have utilized them for almost all of my travel adventures over the course of 15 years. We travel independently without a tour. Gotoday is an aggregator that makes arrangements for flights and lodging. I plan my sightseeing itinerary. They also can organize tours if you prefer. depending upon the virus situation you may have to stay in the states. Consider the Moon palace resorts in Cancun. Happy travels!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
33,946 posts
24 reviews
89 helpful votes
4. Re: October honeymoon
Save

For Continuity, the OP'S Greece Destination Forum thread / replies -

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g189398-i192-k13523453-October_Greece_Honeymoon-Greece.html#109684490

Little Elm, Texas
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
9,657 posts
155 reviews
142 helpful votes
5. Re: October honeymoon
Save

Pros: Caribbean has the temps AND plenty of non-AI stays. Cons: October is hurricane season. Great rates but if you are looking, stay south.

Normally would recommend the ABCs, but all 3 are in the throes of a big-time Covid spike right now!

Reply to: October honeymoon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.