We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

25th Anniversary Trip-October 2022

1 post
25th Anniversary Trip-October 2022
Save

I am looking for ideas for a 25th anniversary trip in October of 2022, looking for two weeks. she loves the beach, but I get bored pretty quickly with just that. We did the all inclusive honeymoon in Cancun, that was great.

1. Has to have a great beach. Tropical locale possibly

2. We don't have to stay at one destination, we could fit 2-4 different places in 2-3 weeks.

3. International is fine, but has to be generally safe, and American friendly.

4. Natural Wonders, or Unique places

5. Neither of us are in peak physical health, so a lot of walking is not preferable.

6. Trying to keep the entire trip under $15K

Any help would be very much appreciated

8 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
6,710 posts
436 reviews
115 helpful votes
1. Re: 25th Anniversary Trip-October 2022
Save

Hawai'i meets your requirements. You could visit 2 or 3 islands in 2 weeks.

Keep in mind that October is still active Atlantic hurricane season so if you choose a Caribbean destination, it should be one of the islands not prone to hurricanes.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
33,946 posts
24 reviews
89 helpful votes
2. Re: 25th Anniversary Trip-October 2022
Save

Since you say “ International is fine”, and keeping your other criteria in mind you might consider Barcelona, Spain..

October should still give you sunny weather, the beaches are right there, interesting and “ unique” architecture, great cuisine, vibrant culture... Plus a modern, well developed public transit system that makes it easy to get anywhere in the city ...metro ( subway), bus and tram ...

With your 2weeks youd have time to visit some of the many nearby towns along the coast, some day trips ( like Sitges for example)

In October, especially early in the month you could expect daytime temps of approx 75 F...

Edited: 25 April 2021, 09:53
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
17,875 posts
13 reviews
18 helpful votes
3. Re: 25th Anniversary Trip-October 2022
Save

St Lucia fits the bill. Pitons, ruins, botanical gardens, waterfalls, horseback riding, lush tropical landscape, beaches, fishing, sunset cruises, snorkeling, volcano and mud baths, mineral baths, hikes (as easy or strenuous as you want), and so much more. You can be as active or as laid back as you want any given day..

ABCs fit the hill. You can do a two, or even three, island combo - Aruba has excellent beaches, easy to get around, loads of great restaurants, snorkeling and such, Curacao has more cosmopolitan city, cave system, beaches, nightlife, Bonaire is exceedingly undeveloped, excellent shore snorkeling and such, but only one real sandy beach which is stunning! And out of the hurricane belt, no worries there. Easy to get between the islands, etc.

Grenada is another island that would fit the bill. Loads to explore, and great beaches to relax.

Hawaii, of course.

Barcelona is a great option if Europe is an option for you.. Greece, of course!

Have you considered maybe a cruise? Unpack once, visit lots of places, some days do straight up beach and others maybe some adventures? Entertainment and food all included onboard while enjoying local fare and such during the days? Best of both, so to speak. Take a look at Princess or Celebrity, maybe Holland America, for Caribbean cruises, or even some European/Med cruises... We did a Med cruise, 25 nights, Rome to Ft Lauderdale, for way under your budget... There were plenty of places we could have opted for beach excursions.. or check out some of the Greek Island sailings, maybe Celestyal Cruises, etc.

Safe travels!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,511 posts
377 reviews
135 helpful votes
4. Re: 25th Anniversary Trip-October 2022
Save

Amalfi Coast. Happy travels!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
106,415 posts
440 reviews
362 helpful votes
5. Re: 25th Anniversary Trip-October 2022
Save

The Amalfi Coast and Barcelona are great suggestions, but I'm not sure I'd define them as tropical. Then again, I'm not sure what my definition of tropical actually is*, and both places do have great beaches!

(* In New Zealand, people told me that Paihia and the Bay of Islands are tropical, but they didn't feel tropical to me, if you know what I mean, hence my uncertainty!)

The Caribbean would meet the requirements for me, and perhaps there's a cruise plus a land stay out there somewhere?

Province of Turin...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
6. Re: 25th Anniversary Trip-October 2022
Save

What about a trip to the Galapagos Islands? There are plenty of activities you can do in nature (boat tours, watching giant turtles, swimming, snorkeling with penguins, sea lions etc..). You could spend 1 week on an island and 1 week on another one, in order to explore many locations and never get bored! You can choose Santa Cruz and San Cristobal as a base and then taking some boat tours to the other islands.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
18 posts
7. Re: 25th Anniversary Trip-October 2022
Save

Amalfi coast,Corfu,Teneriffe are some fab options,maybe you could consider Santorini(we got married there)

Fremont, California
Level Contributor
63,149 posts
8,640 reviews
4,009 helpful votes
8. Re: 25th Anniversary Trip-October 2022
Save

You could consider Baja California - Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta. All three are unique and lots of activities. Happy Anniversary (in advance)

Reply to: 25th Anniversary Trip-October 2022
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.