We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon help needed- January 2022

Honeymoon help needed- January 2022
Save

Hello,

We are looking at booking our honeymoon for January 2022. We are hoping to go for 3 weeks in total and our budget will hopefully allow for 5 star accommodation throughout.

Both of us have done some travelling before including, Thailand, Indonesia, South Africa and European destinations. We both like activity holidays with a bit of relaxation, good food and pubs with a nice atmosphere (we are not overly big drinkers, but enjoy a few drinks after dinner). South Africa was our favourite place we have been to so far.

Our travel agent has suggested the below honeymoon packages:

-Sri Lanka for 2 weeks followed by the Maldives for a week

-2 cities in North America followed by 1 or 2 Caribbean islands or else Cancun/Playa del Carmen in Mexico

-Island hop around Thailand (when I went to Thailand they were budget backpacker holidays)

I personally would still like the idea of Africa, possible Kenya but Zanzibar isn’t really appealing to me and our travel agent didn’t push the idea to much.

The above would also obviously be COVID permitted. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are running around in circles at this stage.

Thanks,

Aine

7 replies to this topic
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
17,875 posts
13 reviews
18 helpful votes
1. Re: Honeymoon help needed- January 2022
Save

Hopefully, your Travel Agent is actually listening to what you want rather than pushing what they want

If Africa is what you want, make it happen! Mozambique, Madagascar, Tanzania, etc all with beaches, culture, etc and easily combined with Kenya if that's what you want.

Consider a different TA also, comparison shop, so to speak and get different ideas.

Good luck

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
6,710 posts
436 reviews
115 helpful votes
2. Re: Honeymoon help needed- January 2022
Save

What about Mexico? The culture is vibrant with a mix of indigenous and European. The food is some of the world's best. You can visit charming Colonial cities with Spanish-style architecture, beaches, resort towns, very impressive pre-Columbian archeological ruins. There's lots to see and if you wanted, you could combine it w/ some time in the Caribbean.

If you enjoy wildlife viewing, you might consider the Galapagos Islands, tho that would entail a cruise of some sort to get the most out of it. In 3 weeks, you could combine it w/ Peru for culture, cities, archeological sites like Machu Picchu, Cusco, the Urubamba Valley. Or Peru + an Amazon Cruise for wildlife.

Africa is unmatched for wildlife viewing, so if that's what your heart is set on, I also think you should go for it. Take a look at Little Governor's Camp in Masai Mara, my favorite spot in Kenya. Lewa Downs was a close second, tho it's many years since my visit there. Nairobi, however, has gotten to be dangerous, so take that into consideration. You could consider Botswana, in addition to those countries mentioned above.

Edited: 09 May 2021, 07:28
3. Re: Honeymoon help needed- January 2022
Save

Hi Both,

Thank you so much for the advise above, much appreciated.

We hadn't considered Galapagos/ Peru, we are travelling from Ireland so felt it might be difficult to get to, but we will definitely look into it and mention it to our TA.

We did a lot of research on Mexico and it is definitely a contender, but I think I personally would like a bit more adventure!

We are also going to ring another TA and get a feel for Africa honeymoon style packages.

Thanks again to you both, hopefully we can decide on a place soon!

All the best,

Aine

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
6,710 posts
436 reviews
115 helpful votes
4. Re: Honeymoon help needed- January 2022
Save

@ Aine,

This travel company was recommended to me by one of the adventurous well-traveled regulars on the Senior Travel Forum.

https://www.tribes.co.uk

Let me emphasize that I have not used them myself but their offerings looked good to me, so you might check them out.

Regards,

CV

Little Elm, Texas
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
9,657 posts
155 reviews
142 helpful votes
5. Re: Honeymoon help needed- January 2022
Save

From 2 acquaintances who have visited Cabo/Mexico recently.... they both advised “anywhere but there” when considering Covid safety. Just fwiw. As for N America.... the prime vacation spots have been flat out Covid-reckless from the start.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,511 posts
377 reviews
135 helpful votes
6. Re: Honeymoon help needed- January 2022
Save

Review the web site Gotoday.com for suggestions. I have utilized them for several years. Happy travels!

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
10 posts
173 reviews
62 helpful votes
7. Re: Honeymoon help needed- January 2022
Save

Hi Aine,

Have you visit Bali? You mention visit Indonesia, however there are lots of beautiful nice place in indonesia include Bali.

I believe by January 2022 Indonesian border will open already.

You can learn a lot about culture, food tradition, water or land adventures.

Bali,Lembongan Island, Penida island, lombok, Raja Ampat, Komodo Island, East Timor are offer beautiful experiences.

Actually I’m looking for honeymoon destination too. Always love tropical island, however as I live in Bali, I consider to look other destination such as Caribbean island or any other sunny destinations or consider the oposite weather for ski honeymoon in europe.

Hope find best destination for your honeymoon 😊

Reply to: Honeymoon help needed- January 2022
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.