We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in December

Level Contributor
31 posts
Honeymoon in December

Hi, I need help with deciding where to go on our honeymoon in November or December. We would like to go somewhere by the ocean with a cultural experience. We are the type of active travelers who like meeting locals and new people. Our budget is around $6000 for both of us. We are looking for 2 weeks trip. The last trip that we had was in Kenya and it was amazing!

10 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
50,297 posts
25 reviews
96 helpful votes
1. Re: Honeymoon in December

Hi

We need some questions answered first, so help us help you

Where are you flying from?

$6000? Is that US, or Aussie, or Canadian dollars? Or

even some other currency.... which all have different monetary values

November into December will have hot sunny beach weather in the many Caribbean Islands /Mexico/Hawaii ...

Is that what youre after?

What Destinations have you researched and currently have under consideration?

What places do you Not want to travel to for this trip?

Besides Kenya

Edited: 20 May 2024, 17:48
Allen, Texas
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance, Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
12,852 posts
172 reviews
151 helpful votes
2. Re: Honeymoon in December

Milica, can you also define/clarify what types of cultural experiences appeal to you?

Edited: 20 May 2024, 20:21
Level Contributor
28 posts
3. Re: Honeymoon in December

We are traveling from Europe. I was researching Puerto Rico and, the Philippines and Indonesia overall (but a girl who has been there told me that it's not for a honeymoon). Someone recommended Bora Bora but besides beaches, there is nothing there (as I can see). South America sounds really interesting.

Level Contributor
28 posts
4. Re: Honeymoon in December

Old cities, local people, nature to explore.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
50,297 posts
25 reviews
96 helpful votes
5. Re: Honeymoon in December

I havent been to South America...

But whet you describe youre after - " old cities, local people, culture, nature to explore" It sounds like a good fit

November weather is a transitioning into the SA summer time .... but overall weather patterns are variable by region

See here for a detailed account and best time to visit the Destinstions

https://www.adventure-life.com/south-america/articles/best-time-to-visit-south-america

Edited: 21 May 2024, 06:42
Allen, Texas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,852 posts
172 reviews
151 helpful votes
6. Re: Honeymoon in December

Adding a question: Ocean in November/December — do you fancy a swim, or no?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
10,145 posts
514 reviews
144 helpful votes
7. Re: Honeymoon in December

Puerto Rico is a pretty good choice, tho I have not been there since before the devastating hurricane a few years ago, so do not know how fully restored the island is. From news reports, progress has been slow.

Mexico has a wonderful culture and food. However, I have not found any of the resort areas I've stayed in on either the Caribbean, Gulf of California or Pacific coasts to be as interesting as the cities dating back to the colonial era in the interior. And there are splendid pre-Columbian ruins to visit near some cities. Oaxaca is my favorite of the cities I have visited. Also, Mexico is not as safe as it once was due to drug gang violence. Renting a car and driving around is risky.

Keep in mind that the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday is November 28, 2024. Many Americans travel during that entire week, including to Mexico and the Caribbean, which may drive up lodging prices.

Edited: 23 May 2024, 07:39
Allen, Texas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,852 posts
172 reviews
151 helpful votes
8. Re: Honeymoon in December

@7: Not to mention the traditional holiday travel snafus and flight cancellations….!

Dar es Salaam...
Level Contributor
18 posts
9. Re: Honeymoon in December

Hi, November and December are the best months for your Honeymoon in the Paradise of Zanzibar beaches.

10. Re: Honeymoon in December

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

What are forum guidelines?

Reply to: Honeymoon in December
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.