We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

25th Wedding Anniversary Trip

Wisconsin
2 posts
25th Wedding Anniversary Trip

My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary March 2025 and are trying to nail down a destination. We have previously been to Jamaica (Negril) 3 times. We both absolutely love it there, but feel like there may be other places we are missing out on. Our total budget is going to be around the $5,000 mark (really trying to stay there or under if possible). Our departure airport will be O'Hare. We need to find a direct flight with a max air time of 4- 4 1/2 hours (someone tends to get anxious after that). Thinking 6 nights. We are more beach people than pool. Relaxation is going to be the key word of this trip. I would prefer an adults only all inclusive. We would love alittle bit of nightlife, just because we would rather not be in bed by 9pm every night :) I would love to hear some recommendations.

4 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
50,134 posts
25 reviews
96 helpful votes
1. Re: 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip

Look at the Dominican Republic in the Punta, Cana area, or Mexico in several areas...

Good calibre, Adult only, All inclusive resorts abound in both of those destinations...

March weather is good for both as well

Resorts are at all price points, but decent prices can be found in Punta, Cana, Dominican Republic, and many areas of Mexico.... more so than other Caribbean destinations

Do keep in mind that March is High season for the Caribbean and prices will reflect this

Edited: 13 June 2024, 17:18
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
21,588 posts
12 reviews
22 helpful votes
2. Re: 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip

I'll second DR.

And, add Cancun/Riviera Maya to the mix personally, I prefer MX for the atmosphere, food, service and options to bliss out in relaxation along with fab nightlife options and daytime activities..

If you're looking at AI AO - Sun Palace, Unico, Live Aqua, Beloved, Excellence, Le Blanc (very hard to beat the luxury and service!),, Hyatt, etc.

Enjoy

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
50,134 posts
25 reviews
96 helpful votes
3. Re: 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip

There are Direct Flights from Ohare to both Cancun, MX and Punta Cana, DR...

Several Air carriers fly these routes

Also fits your criteria for Flight duration, which are about 4 to 4.5 hours depending on your choices

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,707 posts
418 reviews
153 helpful votes
4. Re: 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip

Palace resorts, Cancun. There are several and you can utilize any at any time. Free shuttle. Happy travels!

Reply to: 25th Wedding Anniversary Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.