We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic 40th birthday treat....

Prestatyn, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
283 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic 40th birthday treat....

It has to happen to us all I gues, I'll be 40 march next year. Have always wanted to go to the Maldives, I dont dive, (ear healt issue) but love to snorkle.

Where would you TA folk suggest?

;-)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,028 posts
2,061 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic 40th birthday treat....

Have you considered going to Coron town or one of its offshore islands by flying to Busuanga in Philippines from Manila? Book manila - Buanaga online with AirPhils Express, Cebu Pacific or Zest Air.

Snorkelling sites offshore such as Shipwreck and Siete Pecados are excellent.

I stayed at Chindonan resort: it is reviewed on TA.

Look up 'Coron' on TA and search the accommodation and restaurants. Look carefully down the left hand side when searching accommodation as some places are classifierd as 'other' accommodation: there is a 'raduio button' to select these.

Philippines is a safe, extremely friendly, English speaking vibrant nation that once you've visisted, you will have a strong return rate as it grows on you.

There are only one stop flights from UK to Manila: Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong is one option, Virgin Atlantic to HKG then budget carrier Cebu Pacific or flagship Philippine Airlines is another; Singapore Airlines via Singapore a third. These are all more comfortable than most Middle Eastern carriers.

It's more fun in Philippines!

Prestatyn, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic 40th birthday treat....

Thanks for ur reply, but I'm sold on Maldives.... just always been dream location in my mind...

3. Re: Romantic 40th birthday treat....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 16:17
Get answers to your questions