We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United pilot caught dancing naked!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,241 posts
36 reviews
160 helpful votes
United pilot caught dancing naked!

Is there something in the water that United serves on its flights?

https:/…34d18bd6-5afd-49c5-849b-cb7acfafd7d9

11 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
57,318 posts
1,898 reviews
1,773 helpful votes
1. Re: United pilot caught dancing naked!

And here, folk ask about “in-flight entertainment,” and are thinking IFE...

Hunt

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
60,185 posts
12 reviews
91 helpful votes
2. Re: United pilot caught dancing naked!

Giggity giggity goo.

Another poorly written bit of clickbait, but this is interesting 'Collins also said he had been awake for 30 hours avoiding a dangerous thunderstorm...' The FAA in the States has fairly stringent rules and guidelines for hours of work and rest periods for crew; being awake for 30 hours wouldn't have been healthy for anyone let alone flight deck crew.

Once again, I wonder what really happened.

QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10,299 posts
24 reviews
44 helpful votes
3. Re: United pilot caught dancing naked!

Is that Westin where this allegedly occurred at the airport? The "witnesses" include TSA agents, United employees, and passengers. If this hotel is downtown it would seem a really strange coincidence that all those people just happened to be standing around looking up at the windows of a Westin.

There is a hotel in NY, can't remember the name, overlooking the Highline (elevated former railway tracks turned into an elevated walkway/garden) where it apparently became popular for hotel guests to get naked, stand front of the windows, perform various acts, etc. I don't think anyone was arrested, but it did increase the amount of traffic on the Highline as there are apparently a lot of people interested in watching naked people in hotel rooms. I haven't heard anything about this recently, so maybe the hotel has added drapes or blinds or something.

Edited: 20 November 2018, 23:39
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
63,903 posts
48 reviews
108 helpful votes
4. Re: United pilot caught dancing naked!

“Is that Westin where this allegedly occurred at the airport? ”

Yes.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
10,347 posts
221 reviews
104 helpful votes
5. Re: United pilot caught dancing naked!

Everyone should have a hobby.

Surprised COPS didn't have better things to do.

Edited: 21 November 2018, 00:59
QQ2
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10,299 posts
24 reviews
44 helpful votes
6. Re: United pilot caught dancing naked!

Re #5 I thought it odd that multiple TSA agents witnessed this. If they witnessed it after someone complained and they came to check it out, that's one thing. But if they witnessed it because their "mission" involves hanging around airport hotels waiting for people to get naked in the windows, that's something else entirely and I'm not certain I like the idea of my taxes being spent that way

Also, if a civiian had complained about this behavior, I would have expected responding law enforcement to be local police or maybe airport police, not the TSA.. Unless perhaps they already knew he was a pilot. But how would they know he was a pilot if he was naked? Maybe he kept his United hat on?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
34,899 posts
7 reviews
16 helpful votes
7. Re: United pilot caught dancing naked!

“Also, if a civiian had complained about this behavior, I would have expected responding law enforcement to be local police or maybe airport police, not the TSA.. Unless perhaps they already knew he was a pilot. But how would they know he was a pilot if he was naked? ”

================

I too am puzzled as to why so many people, particularly employees of his own airline all happened to be fixated on the windows of the airport Westin at the same time.

Well according to the Denver Post he was running for election for President of the Airline Pilots Association (ALPA). Coincidence?

https:/…

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
46 reviews
34 helpful votes
8. Re: United pilot caught dancing naked!

Entrapment? Fake News? Just plain ordinary stalking?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
28,567 posts
81 reviews
61 helpful votes
9. Re: United pilot caught dancing naked!

seems to be a bit of sensationalised gossip ! i am sure that there are many people in the world who have walked around a hotel room naked and inadvertently gone to the window of a room, not realising that someone might spot him / her

but what has this to do with air travel? it was a private individual in a private room, and it matters not if he was a pilot, or an accountant, or a doctor ....etc

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
46,632 posts
81 reviews
191 helpful votes
10. Re: United pilot caught dancing naked!

I used to live across the street from the NH Museum hotel in Amsterdam which coincidentally always had various aircrew staying there. The top rooms had floor to ceiling glass. Quite regularly people would open the curtains in various stages of nakedness. I doubt anyone ever called the cops.

I must just live in a more tolerant society and not the land of the free.

Reply to: United pilot caught dancing naked!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions