We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to mui ne by train

Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Going to mui ne by train

hi guys i have decided that i will go to mui ne straight after landing in ho chi minh airport at 2pm. I know taking the bus to mui ne at tht timing is already too late. So can i get some help on directions to get on the train to mui ne. Like where can i find this train, where do i buy tickets, does it operate in the afternoon around 3pm. thnks in advance!!

36 replies to this topic
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to mui ne by train

As I know only morning train from Saigon to Phan Thiết, we took train at 6:45 AM arrived Phan Thiết around 11h30 thẹn catch taxi to our hotel.

You can check online via website of Vietnam railway: http://dsvn.vn/#/. They can hold ticket within 24h- when you arrive station you can pay cash.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
10,086 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to mui ne by train

There are no trains to Mui Ne. The closest stations for Ham Tien/ Mui Ne are Binh Thanh or Phan Thiet.

For Phan Thiet there are 2 trains daily 6.40 am & 7.30 am. It is not necessary to take a taxi as there is a Coach that meets the train and takes you to your Hotel for $1.50. Travel time by Coach or Taxi is not much different.

At Binh Thanh there is only a taxi which will cost around $25 depending on where you are actually staying. Binh Thanh is on the main line to Hanoi so there are more trains. Check with VN Railways website for times as suggested by above post.

Please bear in mind that the centre of activity and accommodation for this area is not Mui Ne but Ham Tien. The accommodation on this part of the coast is around 25 kms long in one strip served by one single beachside road, hence the approx taxi costs.

Cheers Ross

Level Contributor
976 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to mui ne by train

Stay the night in HCM then catch the morning train to Phan Thiet, easy, you will feel better, be refreshed and have had a walk around HCM and some good tucker.

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
13 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to mui ne by train

vietnamtourism.gov.vn/english/…11595. After leaving train...bus outside to take you to mui ne or plenty of taxis

Edited: 16 January 2018, 04:43
pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
10,086 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to mui ne by train

Just to put the record straight do not believe that this is a train of present day standards. Whilst the carriages have had their interiors refurbished the train and carriages are probably from the 1940/1950 periods. Certainly not 5 star as is claimed.

Having said that going to Ham Tien/Mui Ne/ Phan Thiet by this train is the best way to travel.

I do object to anyone in Vietnam gilding the lily as it does not do this emerging country any good whatsoever. Ross

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to mui ne by train

I will be catching this train next week. Is the coach easy to locate?

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
10,871 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to mui ne by train

Yes it is easy to locate as it is parked out front of the station amongst a sea of green Mai Linh taxis.

You cant miss it.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,604 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Going to mui ne by train

We are taking a later train to Binh Thuan, arriving at 2330. Will there be taxis at the train station to get to our hotel at that time of night?

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
10,086 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Going to mui ne by train

Yes they exist by meeting trains.

Cheers Ross

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor