We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coach travel time HCMC to Mui Ne / Ham Tien

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,765 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Coach travel time HCMC to Mui Ne / Ham Tien

Has anyone taken a coach from HCMC to Mui Ne/ Ham Tien or the reverse recently? Interested in the time taken now that the road works are complete and the new highway completed. Particularly interested in whether the coach used the river tunnel or the Long Thanh Freeway.

Cheers Ross

White Sand Dunes
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Mui Ne Harbor
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Red Sand Dunes
Geologic Formations
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Coach travel time HCMC to Mui Ne / Ham Tien

Dear Ross,

Warmest greetings from sunny Vietnam!

It is our pleasure to know that you choose our beautiful country for your coming vacation and Mui Ne/Ham Tien is a part of your trip.

I would like to inform you that there are many coaches operating daily from Ho Chi Minh to Mui Ne/Ham Tien - Phan Thiet and vice verse, among them Phuong Trang and Mai Linh coach are the best. Please go to these links for your reference: http://vexere.com/vi-VN/xe-phuong-trang;

http://oto-xemay.vn/xe-khach/xe-khach-mai-linh-express-109.html; vexere.com/vi-VN/…02092015

For your information, there isn't any river tunnel to go from Ho Chi Minh to Mui Ne/Ham Tien. You can go there through Long Thanh highway which has been completed. It is 250 km far from Ho Chi Minh and takes around 4 - 5 hour driving.

As you may know, Mui Ne is an absolute charmer with swaying palms, towering dunes and lovely white sand beach. It has been recognized as one of the 8 top best beaches in Viet Nam by Lonely Planet: lonelyplanet.com/vietnam/…1374.

The average temperature is 27°C, and the climate is hot and dry for most of the year. At Mui Ne, you can visit Cham Tower, fishing village or go fishing at dawn near Mui Ne or just relax in the stunning beach. If you like the adventure, you can take the jeep to explore White Sandune where you will have time to conquer and admire the amazing white sand dunes or take the gentle boat to see the marvelous landscape of the lake near Bau Trang (or White Sandune).

Hope that it will be useful for your coming holiday.

May you have the best memories and wonderful trip in Viet Nam.

Smiling regards,

Edited: 26 August 2015, 23:25
pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,765 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coach travel time HCMC to Mui Ne / Ham Tien

Is it just me or did that tour agency not read anything I said or recognise who I was.

One thing is for sure no visitor to Vietnam would consider them as a tour agent.

Not only have they completely disregarded my post they blunder on with incorrect nonsense.

This is an example of very poor management practice where they just leap on any post to get their post count up, and trot out their blurb of incorrect information.

EVIVA TOURS you are a disgrace and shouldn't practice in Vietnam.

Cheers Ross

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coach travel time HCMC to Mui Ne / Ham Tien

Hi EVIVATOUR

I have read your tips about going Mui Ne from HCMC.

I need some advice from you. A group us is going planning to stay in Mui Ne for 2 days & 2 days in HCMC. Our estimated time of arrival in Tan Son Nhat Airport, including clearing customs & retrieving our baggage etc ... I reckon is around 16:30 in the afternoon.

What is your best advice & fastest transportation to reach Mui Ne at this hours.

Thanks.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Coach travel time HCMC to Mui Ne / Ham Tien

Dear Jamshoot,

Warmest greetings from sunny Vietnam!

What a fantastic decision that you have chosen Viet Nam for your coming holiday and Mui Ne is a part of your trip.

As per your request, I see that your arrival time is a little late. So for going to Mui Ne is a bit rushed and tired. It would be better if you stay & explore Ho Chi Minh for your 02 first days and the 02 following days in Mui Ne. However, if you are strong enough, you can take the shuttle bus to go directly to Phan Thiet - Mui Ne to have more time to admire amazing beach.

For the option at Ho Chi Minh in 02 first days. On the arrival day at afternoon, you can walk around the city to experience the exciting life in Ho Chi Minh. And the day after, half day citytour will be the good choice to save your energy before going to Mui Ne - Phan Thiet. You will have time to visit Reunification Palace (Ex-Presidential Palace) that was built in 1962 and is well-known as an outstanding example of 1960’s architecture, Notre Dame Cathedral, Center Post Office, Ben Thanh Market – the symbol of Saigon. Learn more about China town through visiting Binh Tay market – the biggest wholesales market in Chinese town, Thien Hau temple – the worshipping place of Chinese community. For your reference, please click the link below: vietnam-guide.com/tours/exc-saigon-city-tour…

After that, you will depart to Mui Ne - Phan Thiet. There are 3 means of transportation to reach Mui Ne. If you want more comfortable and more flexible, you can take the private car. It takes around 4-5 hour driving. The second choice is shuttle bus. There are many coaches operating daily with different time from Ho Chi Minh to Mui Ne- Phan Thiet and vice verse, among them Phuong Trang and Mai Linh coach are the best. Please go to these links for your reference: http://vexere.com/vi-VN/xe-phuong-trang; vexere.com/vi-VN/…02092015

http://oto-xemay.vn/tuyen-xe/xe-khach-mai-linh-express-tp-ho-chi-minh-di-binh-thuan-21-98-109.html; Or you can take SPT2 train from Ho Chi Minh to Phan thiet. It departs daily at 6:40 AM from Ho Chi Minh and arrives at 10:25 AM in Phan Thiet, then you have to take the bus (about 30 mininutes) to Mui Ne. And vice verse, SPT1 departs at 13:10 PM from Phan Thiet and arrives at 17:14 PM in Ho Chi Minh.

In Mui Ne, for your most relax, enjoying at the stunning beaches is the great choice or if you are interested in the temple, the Po Sha Nu Tower is the must attraction to visit. It is one of the most precious and important cultural vestiges of the Champa Kingdom. They are perched on a hilltop with views of Phan Thiet and the distant coastline. Dating from the 7th century, these remaining towers in Phan Thiet are some of the more representative examples of the lost culture’s architecture and reminder of a once successful. Echoing the spires and details on such sites as Angkor Wat, the crumbling Po Shanu Cham towers consist of the ruins of three towers, look like the ruins of another worldly culture. Please go to the link for your reference: muine-explorer.com/en/…

And if you prefer to go by shuttle bus for firstly exploring Mui Ne, the city tour in Ho Chi Minh will be arranged in the last 02 days.

For your information, Ho Tram is also one of the best beaches in Viet Nam,. With Ho Tram, you just need to take a 2.5-hour car trip from Ho Chi Minh to Ho Tram beach. Therefore, the cost for travelling will be lowered and you will have more time for most relaxing on the beautiful beach.

Hope that it will be useful for your coming holiday.

May you have the best memories and wonderful trip in Viet Nam.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,765 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coach travel time HCMC to Mui Ne / Ham Tien

jamshoot it's your choice but I would not take any notice of EVIVATOURS for the following reasons.

1. The link to the city tours shows that this tour is no longer available and was a full day in any event.

2. The link supposedly for Mai Linh Coach is a car dealer and I hope you can understand Vietnamese.

3. Ho Tram is nowhere near Mui Ne being closer to Vung Tau and you just do not have the time to include this beach and go to Mui Ne.

It is a disgrace that intending visitors to Vietnam have to come under the influence of such second rate Tourist Agents. Further please take note that this kind of touting for business is not permitted on Tripadvisor, and is typical of a Agent that has little information of value to offer and is prepared to say anything to try and get your business.

In my opinion you would be too rushed to do what you are thinking as travel in VN is very slow and you do not have a flying option. I would choose one destination and spend the 4 days there.

Cheers Ross

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coach travel time HCMC to Mui Ne / Ham Tien

Hi all

Evivatours & Ross... thank you for replying.

After reading, I guess I need more information/help from other Tripadvisor who have traveled from HCMC to Mui Ne.

The problem is my arrival time is estimated 16:30 pm, We preferred to go Mui Ne first for 2 days & back HCMC for another 2 days. The reason is to avoid any unexpected like rushing ... missing flight if the last day is coming back from Mui Ne.

Anyone ?

Cheers

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coach travel time HCMC to Mui Ne / Ham Tien

Hi guys,

We have traveled this morning from Saigon airport to Ham Tien by a private car. It took us exactly 5 hours, with a quick 10 minute loo break! Surprising! The driver was probably asleep while driving - he barely crossed 60 kmph on the road. Eventually, yes it did take us 5 hours - 9:30am to 2:30pm.

Hope this info helps someone. Cheers.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,765 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coach travel time HCMC to Mui Ne / Ham Tien

Thanks Jayan but we were looking for current Coach times not car times. Your car time is about right considering the day, time and where you started. Can you give us the cost ?

Cheers Ross

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
81 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coach travel time HCMC to Mui Ne / Ham Tien

The car costs about 100 usd = 2,200,000 VND ( +-10% )

Time is correct for car, about 4,5-5hours.

Edited: 10 September 2015, 08:10
Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,917 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coach travel time HCMC to Mui Ne / Ham Tien

Well Ross, how's the head after being repeatedly banged against a brick wall?

One can only live in hope that one day people will actually read - and understand - the original post before weighing in with completely irrelevant "advice".

Perhaps by now you are able to answer your own questions! ;-)