We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Timer

doncaster uk
Level Contributor
137 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
First Timer

Looking at booking "Saigon Mui Ne Resort" is this close to night life? thinking of a trip in March 2017 is this a good time to go?

how much will a taxi be from the airport? and nay other information you could give me to help me along on my way i.e. visa's etc. past travels have been Thailand and Goa etc so what can I expect.

what sort of spending money should I take for a 2 week saty?

Many thanks.

Paul

White Sand Dunes
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Mui Ne Harbor
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Red Sand Dunes
Geologic Formations
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Timer

The Saigon Mui Ne is west of all the bars and clubs, but it is within walking distance of two beach bars: VKS and Sankara, and Joe's Cafe, which has live music throughout the early evening. To get to Dragon Beach, the most popular beach bar on the strip, plus Pogo and Kingston Bars, you would need to take a taxi as they are 3 to 5 kilometers east of Saigon Mui Ne.

March is a good time to come, as it is usually about 30-32 degrees daytime and 20-24 degrees at night. It is still the windy season, so you would be able to kite surf or wind surf and there is normally no rain in March.

As for your budget, costs here are slightly lower than at Goa or in Thailand, so, depending upon what you do, you may not require as much money as you would have in Thailand. Of course, after Brexit, you may not have much money.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: First Timer

There is no airport in Mui Ne. So if you are talking about Saigon airport. It takes 6 hours by bus. And there is no bus from airport to Mui Ne. You need to go to Dist 1 center. The bus goes fro there and can drop you off at hotel in Mui Ne. Cost about 120.000vnd

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Timer

Sorry, I forgot to mention that a taxi from the airport to Phan Thiet will cost around USD $100 - $120. By the way, the Saigon Mui Ne resort is in Ham Tien, not Mui Ne. Both Ham Tien and Mui Ne are wards of Phan Thiet.

Edited: 27 June 2016, 23:09
doncaster uk
Level Contributor
137 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Timer

Many thanks all

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,896 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Timer

You can also catch a train to the area

Seattle, Washington
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First Timer

I spent around 500$ for 2 days in there

7. Re: First Timer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 September 2016, 10:35
8. Re: First Timer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2017, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Mui Ne