We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi for 12 from percy to villedieu and back 1 eve in Aug

Aldridge, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
7 helpful votes
Taxi for 12 from percy to villedieu and back 1 eve in Aug

Hi, we are a group of 12 friends staying in a gite just outside of Percy from 18th-24th august. We are travelling by motorcycles, so would like one evening, to give us girls a break from the cooking and go into villedieu les poeles for a nice meal. We would also like to not have to put a helmet on and have nice looking hair for one night of the holiday! (A glass or 2 of wine or local cidre would go down well too!). All of this means leaving the motorbikes back at the gite.

We are looking for a taxi firm that could take us and bring us back. On a previous trip to france we got left stranded 8 miles from our gite as the taxi firm that took us neglected to say, even when I asked about the return journey (probably in very poor french, to be fair), that they didn't operate after 7.30, arggh! The kindly restaurant owner took us home in his own car in 2 trips.

We would like to avoid that kind of embarassment this year!

So if any kind soul Knows of a reliable company that could accomodate us that would be lovely.

2 replies to this topic
Port-en-Bessin-Huppa...
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
31 reviews
17 helpful votes
1. Re: Taxi for 12 from percy to villedieu and back 1 eve in Aug

Why don't you contact the gite owner and ask them if they know of anyone. They will probably know better than anyone on here.

Aldridge, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
7 helpful votes
2. Re: Taxi for 12 from percy to villedieu and back 1 eve in Aug

The first thing I did was ask the Gite owner.

He uses his car and doesn't know about Taxis. He said he will look into it, however our disaster on the previous year happened when the gite owner booked the taxi's for us. So I thought it would be best to investigate a little myself.

I put this post on in the hope that a previous visitor or destination expert may have a little knowledge. So if there is anyone who can help We would be eternally grateful.

Reply to: Taxi for 12 from percy to villedieu and back 1 eve in Aug
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Villedieu-les-Poeles
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.