We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryokan Sensui

NJ
Level Contributor
714 posts
30 reviews
Ryokan Sensui

Can anyone comment on this Ryokan?

One of the travel sight list this hotel almost at 50% off, so wonder if this is a steal.

I cannot find too many pictures of the hotel and only 3 short reviews in Japanese on TripAdvisor.

The description said dinner is served in the dinning room, it seems odd that for the price you're paying, the dinner is not served in your own room, did I misread it? The picture of the restaurant does not look that appealing. I'm also eager to try the Tajima beef in this town, is this a good hotel to try it?

NJ
Level Contributor
714 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Ryokan Sensui

Just to add to my original post, I'm trying to compare this ryokan to Mikuniya ryokan. We'll be visiting at the end of March.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Ryokan Sensui

I know nothing about it (and found no more reviews than your did) but did not want your query to go unanswered. Given the lack of information, and the varied reviews that it did get, I'd go elsewhere. Mikuniya ryokan has fine reviews, and I do see beef in travelers' photos. If you can afford it, I think it will be a great ryokan experience.

NJ
Level Contributor
714 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Ryokan Sensui

Thanks for your reply! I actually booked with Mikuniya yesterday, their reviews are indeed very good, it certainly will be a safe choice. I was also able to contact Sensui, they responded to my emails promptly (quite suprisingly and to their credis). They confirmed that dinner is served in their restaurant which is also surprising to me as most ryokans at this price range will serve their kiseiki in the privacy of the customer's room. But I think Sensui's selling point is that they have 3 nice onsens which you can reserve, I can see they come in handily when the town is crowded, e.g. on the weekends. But their price also goes up by 45% on weekends. Also Sensui charges something like $30 extra for Tajima beef.

4. Re: Ryokan Sensui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2018, 09:18
Get answers to your questions about Toyooka
Recent Conversations