We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Northern Hyogo from Osaka

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
33 posts
24 reviews
Day trip to Northern Hyogo from Osaka

Hi, I am wondering whether there are unreserved seats on the Ltd Exp Hamakaze. I am travelling with a Kansai Wide Area Pass.

I'm planning to visit both the Izushi castle and Takeda castle this Saturday. what is the best way to do this for a solo female traveller?

Lastly, can someone please help to tell me the bus timings between Toyooka/ Yoka and Izushi from this link?

http://www.zentanbus.co.jp/jikoku/2.pdf

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

5 replies to this topic
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
62,239 posts
171 reviews
1. Re: Day trip to Northern Hyogo from Osaka

Yes, Hamakaze trains have unreserved setas.

For Takeda Castle ruins, take the train to Takeda. Take a taxi from the station (<15 minutes, 2,000 Yen) to the castle grounds. You will still have a 15-minute walk going up. If you walk from the station without a taxi, it will take about an hour.

After seeing Takeda Castle, go back to the same train line and head to Yoka station. Take the Zentan bus at the station for Izushi. Get off at the very last stop. There is roughly a bus every hour to even every 2 hours. Assuming you do Takeda first, then you need to aim for the 12:52 bus as your only realistic option. The 14:50 bus does not run on the weekend. This is the schedule from Yoka station:

http://www.zentanbus.co.jp/jikoku/3-2.pdf

You don't necessarily need to head to Toyooka unless you are starting from or plan to end the trip at Tooyooka.

Edited: 23 November 2014, 21:43
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,950 posts
2. Re: Day trip to Northern Hyogo from Osaka

Bus 260yen from Takeda station www.city.asago.hyogo.jp/0000003454.html

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,950 posts
3. Re: Day trip to Northern Hyogo from Osaka

Well, public transport around Takeda castle is getting more and more convenient year by year. No LTD Express stopped at Takeda station 2 years ago. There were no bus either. Taxi or walk or hitch hiking were only options.

The 1st Hamakaze departs from Osaka station at 0938 to arrive at Takeda station at 1143. If you think this is too late, you should catch LTD Exp Konotori from Osaka at 0812 to arrive at Wadayama 1022 and at Toyooka at 1048. Wadayama is the 1st stop from Takeda, you can either catch a taxi to the castle(expensive) or local train to Takeda station.

Do note the last LTD Express Hamakaze 6 from Takeda departs at 1802, the last Konotori 26 from Toyooka departs at 1828 and from Wadayama at 1854.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
33 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Day trip to Northern Hyogo from Osaka

Thank you so much for the helpful info, Sammyfloyd and Hiromi K!

I've come up w the following schedule; let me know if there's a better option out there. Thanks again!

1. Depart from Shin-osaka Stn at 06:25, transfer at Himeji Stn and arrive at Takeda Stn at 09:08. **Are there plenty of taxis around the castle area?

2. Depart from Takeda Stn at 11:23, transfer at Wadayama Stn and arrive at Yoka Stn at 12:25. Must catch the 12:52 bus, reach Izushi at 13:17. **May I confirm that the earliest return bus would be at 15:52? (I'm guessing I should look at the top chart, second column from the right.) Leave Yoka Stn at 17:31 on the Konotori straight to Shin-Osaka

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
62,239 posts
171 reviews
5. Re: Day trip to Northern Hyogo from Osaka

There is a 11:44am Hamakaze Express you can take from Takeda to Yoka so you don't have to be as rushed leaving Takeda. It arrives Yoka at 12:01pm.

The 15:52 bus is indeed the first one you can take leaving Izushi. One you get to Yoka, just catch the first Limited Express train back to Shin-Osaka.

Reply to: Day trip to Northern Hyogo from Osaka
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Toyooka
Recent Conversations