We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From KIX to Kinosaki / Himeiji in Jun

Singapore
Level Contributor
80 posts
46 reviews
16 helpful votes
From KIX to Kinosaki / Himeiji in Jun

Hi

I am planning to visit Osaka in end May/early June with my spouse and young child. (So there will be two regular luggages) My kid wants to go to Universal Studio and i intend to spend 2 days in Osaka city for shopping and food. And maybe 1 to 2 days in Kyoto for food. As we have been to kyoto and nara a few times..thinking of exploring other places this round.

I have plans to visit Himeiji castle in this trip (last went in 2008). And also thought of staying at a ryokan in Kinosaki and experience having the kaiseki dinner.

Would you be able to advise how best i should schedule my itinerary? Or any other places i could include between Himeiji and Kinosaki? Is the JR Kansai wide rail pass gd for savings for my itin?

DAY 1 Sat arrive at KIX airport at 9am

Take train to Kinosaki straight?

Onsens

Overnight at ryokan

Day 2 Sun is Himeiji a gd day trip from Kinosaki? Shld i return to Kinosaki for night stay again? If not..shld i lug my luggage to Himeiji station and store in coin locker?

Night in Kinosaki? or Kyoto?

Day 3 Mon Kyoto food and free and easy. Night in Kyoto

Day 4 Tue Kyoto/fushimi inari. Night in Osaka

Day 5 Wed universal studio osaka

Day 6 Thu osaka free and easy

Day 7 Osaka

Day 8 Osaka

Day 9 leave KIX airport

3 replies to this topic
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
5,260 posts
1. Re: From KIX to Kinosaki / Himeiji in Jun

westjr.co.jp/global/…

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
64,142 posts
176 reviews
176 helpful votes
2. Re: From KIX to Kinosaki / Himeiji in Jun

You will likely suffer the first two days due to the long train rides involved. Also, changing between Kyoto and Osaka consecutively isn't a good idea since the two cities aren't that far apart. A much better plan is to sandwich Kionsaki in between so you can think about a variation like this:

1-3 Osaka, USJ on day 3 (weekday so less people)

4 Morning at Himeji (drop bags off at lockers), catch 13:25pm direct train to Kinosaki, arrive just after 3pm when ryokans allow you to check-in so you can get the free bath pass

5-8 Back to Kyoto. Visit Nara as a day trip some time.

9 Leave via KIX

Use the Kansai Wide Pass (see link posted by Hiromi in #1) from days 1-5, including rides from KIX to Osaka, Kinosaki, Himeji and back to Kyoto. On day 9, get ICOCA & Haruka back to KIX airport.

westjr.co.jp/global/…

Or you could visit Kyoto first and Osaka last. Both are viable options. Osaka is probably a bit easier after an overnight flight since it's a city where you wander around more than having to hit too many specific sights. If you are greedy and think day 1 at Osaka is enough, you can take a quick trip to Okayama and Kurashiki on day 2 with the Pass, even going to Himeji on that day.

Singapore
Level Contributor
80 posts
46 reviews
16 helpful votes
3. Re: From KIX to Kinosaki / Himeiji in Jun

Yr suggestion is awesome. I will do just thay and search for hotels now. Any ryokan in kinosaki to recommend?

Reply to: From KIX to Kinosaki / Himeiji in Jun
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Toyooka