We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From KIX to Kinosaki / Himeiji in Jun

Singapore
Level Contributor
65 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
From KIX to Kinosaki / Himeiji in Jun

Hi

I am planning to visit Osaka in end May/early June with my spouse and young child. (So there will be two regular luggages) My kid wants to go to Universal Studio and i intend to spend 2 days in Osaka city for shopping and food. And maybe 1 to 2 days in Kyoto for food. As we have been to kyoto and nara a few times..thinking of exploring other places this round.

I have plans to visit Himeiji castle in this trip (last went in 2008). And also thought of staying at a ryokan in Kinosaki and experience having the kaiseki dinner.

Would you be able to advise how best i should schedule my itinerary? Or any other places i could include between Himeiji and Kinosaki? Is the JR Kansai wide rail pass gd for savings for my itin?

DAY 1 Sat arrive at KIX airport at 9am

Take train to Kinosaki straight?

Onsens

Overnight at ryokan

Day 2 Sun is Himeiji a gd day trip from Kinosaki? Shld i return to Kinosaki for night stay again? If not..shld i lug my luggage to Himeiji station and store in coin locker?

Night in Kinosaki? or Kyoto?

Day 3 Mon Kyoto food and free and easy. Night in Kyoto

Day 4 Tue Kyoto/fushimi inari. Night in Osaka

Day 5 Wed universal studio osaka

Day 6 Thu osaka free and easy

Day 7 Osaka

Day 8 Osaka

Day 9 leave KIX airport

Mentioned in this post
Osaka
Osaka
Osaka Prefecture, Japan
Kyoto
Kyoto
Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
3 replies to this topic
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,619 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: From KIX to Kinosaki / Himeiji in Jun

westjr.co.jp/global/…

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
59,474 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From KIX to Kinosaki / Himeiji in Jun

You will likely suffer the first two days due to the long train rides involved. Also, changing between Kyoto and Osaka consecutively isn't a good idea since the two cities aren't that far apart. A much better plan is to sandwich Kionsaki in between so you can think about a variation like this:

1-3 Osaka, USJ on day 3 (weekday so less people)

4 Morning at Himeji (drop bags off at lockers), catch 13:25pm direct train to Kinosaki, arrive just after 3pm when ryokans allow you to check-in so you can get the free bath pass

5-8 Back to Kyoto. Visit Nara as a day trip some time.

9 Leave via KIX

Use the Kansai Wide Pass (see link posted by Hiromi in #1) from days 1-5, including rides from KIX to Osaka, Kinosaki, Himeji and back to Kyoto. On day 9, get ICOCA & Haruka back to KIX airport.

westjr.co.jp/global/…

Or you could visit Kyoto first and Osaka last. Both are viable options. Osaka is probably a bit easier after an overnight flight since it's a city where you wander around more than having to hit too many specific sights. If you are greedy and think day 1 at Osaka is enough, you can take a quick trip to Okayama and Kurashiki on day 2 with the Pass, even going to Himeji on that day.

Mentioned in this post
Kyoto
Kyoto
Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
Osaka
Osaka
Osaka Prefecture, Japan
Himeji
Himeji
Hyogo Prefecture, Japan
Nara
Nara
Nara Prefecture, Japan
Okayama
Okayama
Okayama Prefecture, Japan
Kurashiki
Kurashiki
Okayama Prefecture, Japan
Singapore
Level Contributor
65 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From KIX to Kinosaki / Himeiji in Jun

Yr suggestion is awesome. I will do just thay and search for hotels now. Any ryokan in kinosaki to recommend?

Reply to: From KIX to Kinosaki / Himeiji in Jun
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Toyooka