We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tau resort owners

Winnipeg, Canada
14 posts
Save Topic
Tau resort owners

Does any owners at Tau know how to get back their money and the procedure?

137 replies to this topic
Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
969 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tau resort owners

Refunds on timeshare purchases allow for a five working day window for refunds. Simply bringing a contract back to the sales office is not covered. The contract must be brought directly to the Mexican consumer affairs office called PROFECO where,if you are within the time guidelines,you are entitled to a full refund. Leaving a contract with the sales manager will put you back where you started and if the company has the original copy the management will try to sell you something else and if you resist they will try to keep the contract and assure you that they are sorry and let the 5 day window expire. If you dont turn in the contract to PROFECO yourself you wont get a refund. If you dont speak Spanish ask bilingual a taxi driver to assist in transport and translation. Typically the next step is a class action suit but that takes talking to other customers on forums like TA. There are currently several massive class action suits against a few major resorts. If the product is real estate I am sure some of theTA contributors know if there are any avenues.to pursue, Recentlly some start ups have quit defining their products as timeshare but rather virtual ownership or some other play on words to replace timeshare with a

warm and fuzzy name. In most cases the timeshare consumer laws would apply. I am not familiar with TAU or how the product,if there,is one. is marketed... I hope things work out for you. If you are still here dont delay pursuing your refund. Real estate laws are more strict and regulated.

Winnipeg, Canada
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tau resort owners

I am aware of the Profeco Procedure.However,I wanted to know if owners of Tau Resorts who purchased condos and was given a promised completion date can get reimbursement and to go about getting it .

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
969 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tau resort owners

Good luck and keep us posted. I noticed that since your original posting there has been qite a bit of activity on the subject and I am sure people would like to know if you are successful.

Winnipeg, Canada
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tau resort owners

does anyone know that there is a class action against the financial partners of Tau - C&C. Capital of Mexico

Winnipeg, Canada
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tau resort owners

I am concerned that other owners are not taking action regarding Tau .Is there anyone out there can find progress on the so called Tau Resorts?

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tau resort owners

Before you go to Profeco I would suggest that you follow their recommended procedure which is to send Tau Resorts a notarized letter requesting a refund including the grounds upon which you are claiming. I recommend documenting all communications with Tau for future reference.

Although it will cost you a lot I strongly suggest that you send the letter via Fedex or UPS with signature confirmation requested.

If that does not get you anywhere you can follow through with Profeco.

La Cruz de...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tau resort owners

Hi Mr. Perigreen, Hope this finds you in the best of health!, We have seen that you are very concern about getting a refund from Tau. Again, We invite you to use our official communication channels, you can call 1-866-828-4221 Toll-Free Number, or even you can send an e-mail to customerservice@tau-resorts.com. In this way we can solve all your concerns and we can give you an answer to all your questions. In Tau Resorts It is a pleasure to assist you. We hope have some news from you soon! Have a great Day.

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tau resort owners

I am sure that I speak for most people when I say that using "official communication channels" has proven to be frustrating. Prompt replies are rare and lacking in substantive information. I would be happy to come back to this forum and provide a positive response once I see that pattern of behavior change. Until then I remain one of the suffering people who continue in my efforts to get you to do what you promised.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tau resort owners

Tau is a SCAM!!! We went to a presentation and it is barely more than a hole in the ground, and compared to the supposed finished product I mean barely. They are also a scam as far as promises they make. For going through a 90 minute presentation we were promised many things and in the end they gave us nothing. Why? Well first they reneged on their original promise which was in summary:

1) Sit through a 90 minute presentation.

2) There is no obligation to buy.

3) Receive the gifts you promised.

That´s it, no qualifiers other than that. So we get there and they ask us a bunch of questions, which BEWARE, they used to change the deal and renege on their original offer. The one they used to SCAM us was something to the effect of "Do you have a problem with the property being in construction?" To which we replied "No". We have no problem with construction going on or with the fact that the resort wasn´t finished.

However the fact is that not even one room was done and usable, NOT ONE!!! The only finished room was the demo which isn´t even on the site of the actual room part of the site. They told us they wouldn´t be done for A YEAR!!! Yet they wanted us to fork over money right now. We told them we can´t give money for something not built, we could use that money for other more important things. Because of that they said we lied on our questionnaire and hence wouldn´t give the gifts promised.

The fact is they lied on their original offer of watching the presentation and getting the gifts. They misled us to believe the resort was partially finished and usable and just had some construction going on. They also lied by at the end of the presentation by saying that our gifts were ready when they knew darn well they weren´t giving us our gifts.

Was this an isolated case? NO!!! 3 couples didn´t receive their promised gifts while we were there. The only ones that got their gifts were a group of old folks who bought. BEWARE!!! TAU IS A SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. STAY AWAY FROM THEIR PRESENTATIONS OR OFFERS BUYING ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!

Ontario, California
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tau resort owners

Thank you for your post Vaughn.I was wandering what happened to all the activity on this page.I read that tourism in Mexico has dropped from a low 70% last year to 38% this year.I hope the Mexican government is paying attention and start dealing with the worms and parasites like Tau.Those people are screwing their own country and it is just a matter of time that what goes up must come down.Even human parasites can't continue forever, there would be some sort of treatment developed to treat it.Imagine what would happen when tourism in Mexico halts to less than 10%.KEEP UP THE SCREW UP TAU

Reply to: Tau resort owners
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
More La Cruz de Huanacaxtle Topics