We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2014 Highland Games

Istanbul, Turkiye
Level Contributor
41 posts
24 reviews
15 helpful votes
2014 Highland Games

Hi there! On our way back from Portree (Isle of Skye) to Edinburgh, I want to swing by Kenmore to experience the winter games on July 2nd. We have two children ages 8 and 6, and I think this would be a great family activity on our trip to Scotland. What are your opinions of the Kenmore Games, and do you recommend that we go? Thank you!

4 replies to this topic
East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
15,161 posts
198 reviews
158 helpful votes
1. Re: 2014 Highland Games

In July they will not be the winter games hopefully!! Kenmore is a very pretty village in a scenic area beside Loch Tay so unless it's pouring rain I would imagine you and your family will enjoy the experience. We attend our local games every year in Grantown if we are at home, it's a great day out.

http://www.highlandperthshire.com/things-to-do/major-events/kenmore-highland-games.aspx

They start at 5.30 so be in time to enjoy the opening parade. Make sure you book accommodation as it's a small village and it may be difficult to find somewhere to stay.

Woody x

Istanbul, Turkiye
Level Contributor
41 posts
24 reviews
15 helpful votes
2. Re: 2014 Highland Games

Thanks so much! This is really helpful :)

Istanbul, Turkiye
Level Contributor
41 posts
24 reviews
15 helpful votes
3. Re: 2014 Highland Games

And I have NO idea why I typed winter...I meant the Scottish Games lol. Sorry about that.

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
15,161 posts
198 reviews
158 helpful votes
4. Re: 2014 Highland Games

No problems!

Reply to: 2014 Highland Games
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kenmore
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.