We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Montreuil for a few months..housing help please

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
85 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Moving to Montreuil for a few months..housing help please

Hello,

I will be moving to Montreuil for a few months and i'm looking for somewhere to stay. At a lower/reasonable price. Any recommendations on finding a place would be greatly appreciated. Looking for either a studio or a bedroom.

Mentioned in this post
Montreuil
Montreuil
Seine-Saint-Denis, France
3 replies to this topic
Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
9,426 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to Montreuil for a few months..housing help please

Hi Johanna,

It's not very easy finding short-term furnished places so you may have to expand your search beyond Montreuil or does it absolutely have to be in Montreuil? Public tranportation is good. What is it in Montreuil that you need to be near? In any case if you live in Montreuil I would advise the lower part of town which is more attractive and safer and I would avoid the north especially beyond the A186 highway. The south is also where you have the métro stops and all services. It will be more expensive of course especially since this part of Montreuil has been known for its bobo invasion in the last 15 years.

Your options are finding a room, "co-location" in French or finding a furnished rental but short term furnished rentals are difficult to find.

Direct by owners site:

pap.fr/annonce/….UVYUwishM_U

The following sites are specialized in finding roommates:

www.recherche-colocation.com/montreuil.html

appartager.com/ile-de-france/…l

http://colocation.vivastreet.com/annonces-colocation+montreuil-93100

annonces-colocation.fr/Colocation/Paris-1803…

You can also go through agencies:

321international.com/-Looking-for-accommodat…

http://www.lodgis.com/en/paris/

Mentioned in this post
Montreuil
Montreuil
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
85 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to Montreuil for a few months..housing help please

Wow thank you! What other neighborhoods do you recommend that are nearby at possibly lower cost. Easy public transportation is a must. But a half hr or so commute is fine. Just need to be able to get to Hospitalier Andre Gergoire in Montreuil. This isn't for myself I was trying to keep the story short. My cousin is moving from Romania for a 6 month residency there. Of course safety is most important. I've never been to this area so I don't know much about it. Thanks again!

Mentioned in this post
Montreuil
Montreuil
Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
9,426 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Moving to Montreuil for a few months..housing help please

Unfortunately I don't know Montreuil except for a few streets in the south bordering Vincennes. I see the hospital is in the northern part of town unfortunately. Anything cheaper than northern Montreuil might not be perfectly safe for a single female.

Doesn't the hospital offer any type of help with housing? What is her maximum monthly budget? Any chance she may have night shifts or need to go to or come back from work outside transportation operating hours? Because in that case she would need to be really close to the hospital. Some areas are perfectly safe during the day but not so much after 11pm or midnight.

Strangely enough it's the posh areas of western Paris that have the cheapest tiny studios because they have the largest number of 'chambres de bonnes' (maid's rooms).

Mentioned in this post
Montreuil
Montreuil
Vincennes
Vincennes
Val-de-Marne, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Reply to: Moving to Montreuil for a few months..housing help please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted