We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

playa del arena hotel

wirral
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
playa del arena hotel

Hi, going to the playa arena hotel next week, are the standard rooms ok or should we upgrade ?

Seascuba
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours
Nashira Uno
Dolphin & Whale Watching
Santiago Del Teide
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Mirador Archipenque
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,795 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: playa del arena hotel

Hi Lizzie ...

Standard rooms are just fine....you just don't get the sun on your balcony...we only ever get a standard room cos I find it too hot to sleep as we don't like air condition .....the view is looking towards the town and the mighty cliffs plus a side sea view .. and the road below , but I have never found it noisy.......where as the upgraded rooms over look the pool and full sea view.....

The rooms are all very large and the bathroms with a separate bath with shower over and a shower cubicle.....

Have a lovely holiday .......

Sylla

wirral
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: playa del arena hotel

Hi Sylla,

thank you so much for the info,I'm sure a standard room will be ok for us as like you we don't like air con.

cheers lizzie

wirral
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: playa del arena hotel

HI Sylla,

Do the rooms have hostess trays, or should I take my own kettle?

thanks Lizzie

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,795 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: playa del arena hotel

No Lizzie, you will have to take your own kettle ...we always do ....but you can use the empty fridge and there is a charge for the safe ....

Sylla

Horsham England
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: playa del arena hotel

We ( Myself , wife and son) are going to Playa Del Arena Hotel on a half board basis in June 2010. We have a few things we would like to know before we go. Is the water safe to drink from the hotel taps. If not are there any supermarkets within walking distance of the hotel where we can get essential supplies. Finally for now are the restaurants and bars in the town child friendly. Our son is 4. Thanks.

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,795 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: playa del arena hotel

Hi Clearbluesea...

There are plenty of little supermarkets where you can buy water and other essentials very near by .....

I clean my teeth with water from tap in hotel ..but don't actually drink it ... but we use it from the tap to fill our kettle to make our tea in the morning so that is boiled ....no ill affects after 5 visits ....

And yes, the bars and restaurants are very child friendly ...

I hope you have a very good holiday ...the little children I have seen in the hotel all seem to have a great time ....

Sylla

Horsham England
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: playa del arena hotel

Thanks Sylia

Sounds good. glad we will be able to get our fridge stocked up with supplies from the local shops. Like you we are planning to take a kettle when we go so that we can boil the water for our drinks. Can you remember if the hotel have a childrens menu dinner. Once again thanks for your help.

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,795 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: playa del arena hotel

Hi again CBS....... Children's menu ? well yes and no !!!! over Spanish holidays when the hotel expects families ...yes ! but to be honest I didn't see much at other times ....and when it was yes, I didn't really think much of it to be really truthful .... a special corner with awful looking sausages and rolls and a sauce ..I suppose to make a hot dog...I know may be that's all some little ones eat .

But having said that ,there is a big variety ...really lovely chips ! if you are into those ? I'm not, except there, cos they are nice ...the little thin french type and the fat juicy type ...lots of other potato dishes too .....Freshly cooked meat, steaks and fish at the grill ...lots of other pre- prepared dishes ...and loads of very fresh salad....and pasta ...so I'm sure you will be able to find something for the little lad ...if not just ask the head waiter if they can make you something...I'm sure it would only be something simple and the ingredients already in the kitchen... I did see the waiter bring something out one day for a little girl .....there are also always a selection of cold meats and cheese in the starters section ...

Oh ! and not forgetting the sweets where there is also lots of fruit and icecream .....

I don't think you or he will go hungry !!!

Sylla

9. Re: playa del arena hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2010, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about Santiago del Teide