We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Luabay, Costa Gigantes

Nottingham
Level Contributor
177 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Luabay, Costa Gigantes

Going to this hotel soon. Couldn't find any reviews but a trip advisor poster guided me to its old name of Hotel Costa Los Gigantes. Reviews look ok. Anyone got any additional observations or what kind of room we should try to get.

Thx

Seascuba
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours
Nashira Uno
Dolphin & Whale Watching
Santiago Del Teide
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Mirador Archipenque
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Heywood Lancs
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Luabay, Costa Gigantes

Hi, we went to Costa los Gigantes last July & loved it. I am fairly sure that all the rooms are "Suites" consisting of living area, bedroom & bathroom. The living area sofa converts to a bed & so the suite sleeps 4 people. WE were in E block below the Trebolino snack bar & swimming pool with a great view of banana plantations below us & La Gomera in the distance. We had a great time - no fighting for sunbeds etc & food was really good - we were given a bottle of wine with our evening meal & I have never come across this in an all inclusive hotel before!

I am sure you will have a great time! Enjoy!

Ireland
Level Contributor
112 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Luabay, Costa Gigantes

Hi There, We went last October when it was still owned by Spring Hotels and it was fantastic, all rooms are suites but some only have one of the rooms front (sea facing) with a balcony, others seem to have two sets of patio doors leading out to balcony.

Will you let us all know how it is with the new ownership when you get back? Particulartly how the kids club is being run (if it's relevant to you) and spa (do you still get a free pass per stay)

I think you will enjoy it if the standards are maintained.

Bonny

Nottingham
Level Contributor
177 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Luabay, Costa Gigantes

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to it though the weather looks a little on the wet side!!!

Nottingham
Level Contributor
177 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Luabay, Costa Gigantes

Thanks for the info. Will post a review on our return though being on the older side might not be able to give an opinion on the kids club. Cheers

Killyleagh
Level Contributor
25 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Luabay, Costa Gigantes

we're going on the 5th ! weather watching too and it looks great now.?Are you there at same time?

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
372 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Luabay, Costa Gigantes

I am going to this hotel in May cant wait to hear your thoughts on it all, you will have to let us know which rooms are good, I quite fancy one with two balconies (greedy i know !!) Also intrested to know if there are kettles in the rooms??? as I like a cuppa first thing. Have a great hol

Ireland
Level Contributor
112 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Luabay, Costa Gigantes

No kettles when we were there in Oct 09, but you could take a travel one (and adapter)and borrow a cup and take tbags from the food places (no shortage of anything and all very laid back so I'm sure it would be fine)

Bonny

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
372 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Luabay, Costa Gigantes

cheers bonny, any ideas on good room l;ocations ???

Hornchurch, United...
Level Contributor
518 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Luabay, Costa Gigantes

We went last Easter following the good reviews on here (I have since added one!) & we loved it. We are going back this Easter with the inlaws as we couldn't have 3 kids in the suite this time (son was under 2, so infant). We were in 301 k block, with a great sea view & adjacent to the main restaurant/entertainment. We were top floor but noticed the floors below couldn't see the sea. We have asked for m block this time as it is right by the main pool, hope we get it! Luabay.com has some great photos, and yes, it really looks like that!

Antrim
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Luabay, Costa Gigantes

All sounds great, especially good to hear you're all going back! We are going in July with our children and some friends - three groups - all hoping for sea views of course! So just wonder if we should ask for M block or K block (top floor of course!)

Get answers to your questions about Santiago del Teide