We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting there from Oviedo

London
3 posts
getting there from Oviedo

I'm thinking of going to the percebes festival in July. So far, I know I can get from London to Oviedo easily...but how easy is it to get from Oviedo to a campsite in Santa Cruz, to the south of Cedeira and then from the campsite to Cedeira itself. The distances are quite short I think, but how is the public transport there? I don't drive, so am at the mercy of local buses.

O Savinao, Galicia
Level Contributor
7,331 posts
9 reviews
25 helpful votes
1. Re: getting there from Oviedo

It is not going to be easy. Either take a the FEVE train to somewhere like Ortigueira and then a taxi to the camp site. The actual train station is outside of the town but there should be a taxi stand there. The distance is less than km by taxi.

However there are only about 2 trains a day and they travel quite slowly.

Ian and Irene

London
3 posts
2. Re: getting there from Oviedo

Thanks for that response guys. I actually found a campsite in A Lagoa, which is very close indeed and looks great. Luckily I remembered that my niece, who is Spanish and lives in Seville, also has just studied tourism at Uni so is very well placed to carry on and make my journey nice and easy! Hopefully I'll re-post here when I find out exactly what the deal is - thanks again for helping me out!

UK
4 posts
3. Re: getting there from Oviedo

Hi, We're going from Cedeira to Viveiro, which is enroute to Oviedo, I'd be interested in what you find out. I'm trying to see if there's a bus . We're leaving for spain 26th.

London
3 posts
4. Re: getting there from Oviedo

Hi,

Unfortunately I am now unable to go so will have no further information. Though I believe your best bet for transport is from Ferrol, if that is any help.

UK
4 posts
5. Re: getting there from Oviedo

Thanks. I know there's 9 buses a day from Ferrol, but then we're going onwards to Viverio and then to Oviedo. Will just have to get there and see !

6. Re: getting there from Oviedo

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Cedeira
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of in . If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.