We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bunaken Conundrum

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bunaken Conundrum

Hi there,

I'm planning a trip to Bunaken Island which is proving quite difficult so I'm wondering if anyone could help me with some questions I have.

I will be in Ambon for 5 nights, there is only one direct flight every couple of days and it arrives in Manado @ 16.40. Unfortunately I can't reduce my time in the resort I have booked, otherwise I would stay overnight in Manado then get the boat @ 2pm the following day.

It looks like I will have to stay overnight in Ternate and then catch a flight to Manado the next day in order to catch the ferry.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how I could get there?

Would anyone also be able to provide the times of the ferry from Bunaken back to the mainland?

The resort I have booked are not the best at replying in emails, does anyone have any good (preferably cheap) diving companies to recommend as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Bunaken Island
Bunaken Island
Manado, Indonesia
Manado
Manado
North Sulawesi, Indonesia
4 replies to this topic
london
Level Contributor
978 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bunaken Conundrum

Take a look at skyscanner for details of flights . I am in the process of booking a Lembeh and Ambon trip and I seem to remember that there is another flight optop that gets in sooner.

Another option would be to ask the owners of the accomodation in Bunaken to pick you up at the airport. Two Fish are an excellent company , we dived with them in Lembongan and were super happy with everything.

Have a great trip

Edited: 26 June 2017, 02:21
Mentioned in this post
Bunaken Island
Bunaken Island
Manado, Indonesia
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bunaken Conundrum

Hi

I would also suggest to ask for the airport pickup arranged by the accommodation.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bunaken Conundrum

The transfer with my resort is asking for £50,which is quite steep..

Tobelo, null...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bunaken Conundrum

take a regular public boat at Kali Jengki River in Pasar Bersehati, just ask the taxi driver Pelabuhan Bunaken Kali Jengki behind the vegetable market. KusKus resort in Bunaken has accomodation,restaurant and Dive center

Mentioned in this post
Bunaken Island
Bunaken Island
Manado, Indonesia
Reply to: Bunaken Conundrum
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bunaken Island