We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Butterfly Conservatory and Arenal Eco Zoo

Belgium, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
55 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Butterfly Conservatory and Arenal Eco Zoo

I was wondering if someone has been to either of these two places as well as to the Ranario, Serpentario, and Butterfly Garden in Monteverde. We will be in both locations and would like to know if some are better than others (more bang for the buck, better experiences, etc.). Note: we have two small children with us.

3 replies to this topic
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Butterfly Conservatory and Arenal Eco Zoo

The Arenal Conservatory is fine but a little far away by El Castillo, I personally like the ones at Monteverde better. I have not done the EcoZoo

Belgium, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
55 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Butterfly Conservatory and Arenal Eco Zoo

Thanks MikeA943. I'll be staying in El Castillo so distance isn't an issue. I think I was interested in the Arenal Eco Zoo since it combines Snakes, Frogs, and Butterflies whereas in Monteverede those three are all separate experiences with separate entrance fees. Might save us some $ if we wait and do the Eco Zoo.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Butterfly Conservatory and Arenal Eco Zoo

Yes in Monteverde those are 3 separate experiences. If you are staying at El Castillo then it makes more sence to do the one right there plus you might save a few $ as you mentioned.

Reply to: Butterfly Conservatory and Arenal Eco Zoo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about El Castillo
More El Castillo Topics