We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mini train trip up the mountain.

SCOTLAND
Level Contributor
122 posts
23 reviews
Mini train trip up the mountain.

Last year we went on the mini train trip around the resort and up the mountain. We stopped at a place where we got lovely wine. I remember them talking about a greek night up there some nights but we were going home the next day. Can anybody tell me about it? We're going out again in 4 weeks time and quite fancy going to it.

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
7,243 posts
64 reviews
1. Re: Mini train trip up the mountain.

That would be the trainiki trip, it runs afternoons and evenings. The Greek night is on Sat nights up in the nearby village of Pigadakia. You'll see the train parked up at the far end of the village near the salt flats most days and you can book at the office on the strip nearby:- http://trainaki.com/

Edited: 25 July 2017, 11:30
Lowestoft
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Mini train trip up the mountain.

I done the day trip when I was there end May, it was a light hearted enjoyable day, the time in Taverna was very good. I will be trying to book the Greek Night as soon as I return Sept.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Mini train trip up the mountain.

This looks great a wish it was available from Kalamaki

SCOTLAND
Level Contributor
122 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: Mini train trip up the mountain.

It was a good day trip and I'm looking to book the Greek night when we go back in September too. I brought wine home to my family from there and they all loved it.

Lowestoft
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
42 reviews
5. Re: Mini train trip up the mountain.

Motherhen I hope to be on either Sept 16th or Sept 23rd Greek Night trip, so if you see a old guy get on train by himself in Alykes say hello it maybe me. Joe. :-)

SCOTLAND
Level Contributor
122 posts
23 reviews
6. Re: Mini train trip up the mountain.

Unfortunately we'll be back home by then Joe

Lowestoft
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
42 reviews
7. Re: Mini train trip up the mountain.

Thats sad but we will be able to compare notes. Have fun on your trip.

8. Re: Mini train trip up the mountain.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2018, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Alykes
Recent Conversations
More Alykes Topics