We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alykes in September

Whitby
Level Contributor
106 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Alykes in September

I'm looking for a holiday destination for 24th Sept for a week, a friend has suggested Alykes, found a possible but wonder if it will all still be open/busy etc and hot enough for us.

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
7,211 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alykes in September

Yes the resort will still be fully open, most kids would have gone home for the New British school year by then and visitors will be of a more mature age group. As for weather it can really be hit n miss so expect a shower or two but the weather generally should still be very warm by day. At night later on the chill in the air of the small hours signals that Autumn is just around the corner so a light jacket or fleece may well be needed, enjoy !

Whitby
Level Contributor
106 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alykes in September

Thanks, wanted to try somewhere different. I went to Corfu 30 yrs ago and apart from a day trip to Rhodes never been back to Greece at all. It may be a plan.

Altrincham, United...
Level Contributor
998 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alykes in September

I always go to Alykes at this time and find it perfect for me!

Yes there is the risk of the odd storm but they just add to the fun if you get one! The temperature will still be in the late 20s and the sea like a warm bath.Alykes is a lovely place with a cracking beech and everywhere will be open until they start to close around the 2nd week of October. Have you seen some accommodation that you fancy?

Whitby
Level Contributor
106 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alykes in September

Ionian star, I like the sound of the location and the look of the pool.

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
7,211 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alykes in September

First class choice, excellent location right alongside the river/beach and everything on your doorstep and the pool and sunbeds around it are brand new this Season.

Whitby
Level Contributor
106 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alykes in September

All booked, looking forward to it ✈️☀️✈️☀️✈️☀️

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alykes in September

Going to Ionian star for 22years!! June and September for 3 weeks!! weather is usually quite warm, just tee shirt and possibly light top.hotel very friendly with most people on regular basis. We shall be there from 9 th September till 3rd October!! most people book directly after. first time!!

Whitby
Level Contributor
106 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alykes in September

Will see you there 😎😎

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alykes in September

Looking forward to seeing you.you will probably like George new pool!!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alykes in September

We are going to the Ionian Star 27th August for 2weeks. 1st time for us at this hotel but 5th time to the resort. Really looking forward to it.

Get answers to your questions about Alykes
Recent Conversations
More Alykes Topics