We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update for those who are interested on Cenang.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
575 posts
93 reviews
Update for those who are interested on Cenang.

Today 13th March

We arrived 6 days ago..and not a drop of rain, even though locals are saying "we will get rain tonight".

Its very hot (around 32-35) with high humidity.

Early mornings and evenings are beautiful, specially on Cenang Beach.

The car ban on Panti Cenang Beach is working well, and the jet ski's seem to be less,making Panti Cenang Beach a very enjoyable and relaxed place to be.

Still construction on the sides of Cenang Road, but not too bad.

Seems the police are stopping vehicles driving down the road on the wrong side of Cenang Road now which is good. They are stopping offenders and giving them a friendly warning.

Cenang Road still very busy at night...the "new road" seems to be used by more people, but driving down Cenang Road at night is still a bottle neck. Think most of it is caused by people trying to find a car park close to the restaurant the want to go to. Best to walk this area in the evenings.

Good time to be here right now .

5 replies to this topic
Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
89 posts
1. Re: Update for those who are interested on Cenang.

Great info . Thanks buddy.

Kindly advise on my planning

I will reach hotel around 5:30 pm , 5 mins from Cenang beach, will rent out car and wish to see sunset at Tajug Raho, what other activities I can do at Cenang in evening on my day 1?

On day 2, I will do hopping tour in morning then head to oreintal village for cable car sky, 3d museum. whats the closing time for cable car and 3d museum?

on day 3 I will do mangrove tour in morning then I want to see crocodile farm, bird paradise. When I can cober geoforest park and how. What about a long drive up the mountain ? I want to see 7 waterfalls? whats the best time and how to get there?

thanks in advance buddy

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
12,250 posts
237 reviews
2. Re: Update for those who are interested on Cenang.

Shahzad

There is no need to go all the way to Tanjung Rhu for the sunset. You will see it just as well on the beach at Cenang.

Seven Wells Waterfall is near the Oriental Village so combine both visits. To get there just follow the road signs.

Do try to have some relaxation. I am sure your children will appreciate having some time on the beach rather than being rushed around everywhere.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
12,250 posts
237 reviews
3. Re: Update for those who are interested on Cenang.

Janet

See you both soon....

Lesley

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
89 posts
4. Re: Update for those who are interested on Cenang.

Steady I must say you are really steady in your replies.

Thanks buddy.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
575 posts
93 reviews
5. Re: Update for those who are interested on Cenang.

Hi Lesley...looking fwd to catching up...we have settled in well again, but lots of bits and pieces to be done, so racing around (langkawi speed) getting some things done.

cheers

Reply to: Update for those who are interested on Cenang.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pantai Cenang
Recent Conversations