We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White Lodge

Odense, Denmark
Level Contributor
18 posts
606 reviews
White Lodge

I just booked 2 rooms at the White Lodge hotel for July 2018. In the confirmation I noticed this: Please note that renovations and expansion of the hotel are taking place from 1 March 2018 to 28 February 2019. Guests may experience light disturbances. Does anyone know what sort fo construction is going on and will make a lot of noise or not? Is the pool open during the renovation?

5 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
12,499 posts
241 reviews
1. Re: White Lodge

Hi

Why not email the hotel and ask if the pool will be open and what sort of renovations are in progress. There is lots of building works going on in Pantai Cenang anyway which will also add to the noise levels.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
2. Re: White Lodge

Hoi Mads, did you receive a reply from White Lodge? We booked through booking.com last night a non refundable room in July. We also got an email confirmation wherein it said "renovations and expansion of the hotel are taking place from 1 March 2018 to 28 February 2019".

This was the first we had heard of this, so I do think it is an unfair term under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations and therefore not to refund is unenforceable.

But that's the lawyer in me...and what a hassle to go down that route. I have emailed the Lodge for clarification re renovations/ noise so will also let you know what reply I get. Having been to Langkawi before, I can say that the area is great and hopefully the building works will be when we are out during the day anyway. Price v area this property attracted us. I asked about the pool in my email as it's a good point- thank you Steady.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
12,499 posts
241 reviews
3. Re: White Lodge

Hi Suzanne

To be honest, practically the whole of Pantai Cenang is like a building site and no matter where you are, there seems to be some sort of building, scaffolding, diggers, cranes and other building site plant there.

I must say that the beach, which is not a big favourite of mine, is now looking better and much cleaner and they have restricted the 4x4 traffic to certain times of the day, which does make things slightly better.

Not sure when you were last in Pantai Cenang but you will definitely see many changes!!

Lesley

Singapore
Level Contributor
55 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: White Lodge

Hi. I will be staying at white lodge next week. Will update u all then.

lim
Cyberjaya, Malaysia
Level Contributor
31 posts
37 reviews
5. Re: White Lodge

We stayed 2nights at White Lodge in Jan,2018.At that time also,constuctions were going on around the property.Even though the property is tucked in a peaceful corner,away from the busy street,the construction work was not a good sight to look at.If your booking is non-refundable,I'd say just take a chance.As a property,White Lodge is beautiful.We are also going again in July.This time,we are gonna stay at something on the beach side.Anywy wish you a great trip.

Reply to: White Lodge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pantai Cenang
Recent Conversations